Gone Sailing

S/V Abigail Grace

Gone Sailing / Abigail Grace

South Carolina
We left South Harbor Village Marina at 6:40am untying our lines and sailing off in the dark. It was an amazing day - almost. We were ecstatic, jumping up and down, smiles from ear to ear because we made it through "Lockwoods Folly", "Shallotte Inlet", and the "Stone Pile" all in one day and without so much as a bump on the bottom. It was not without difficulty though, it was cold, the winds gusting to 25, the currents - crazy, and our blood pressures, esp. Gregs, were elevated. Still, though, we were just smiles as we were headed to the Barefoot Marina in Myrtle Beach, SOUTH CAROLINA. Yes! We made it to South Carolina and through some of the notoriously tough areas (there are many more to come too). But, this is just what we needed, a little boost for our egos - short lived. We motored under our last bridge and were following behind Ken in sv Surrender. We watched as Ken motored over to the floating dock at Barefoot Marina and Tim (the dock master) tied him off. Once we knew Ken was secure we started for the dock - Tim and his assistant waiting with anticipation to get our lines and tie us off - didn't happen. N0!!!! Are you kidding? We only had 30ft to go (that number is on the high side) and we were aground. All we could do was laugh and I mean lol (laugh out loud) - the perfect end to the perfect day :). The tide was changing and we were soon off and secured at the dock - all is good.

Comments