Gone Sailing

S/V Abigail Grace

Gone Sailing / Abigail Grace

Fog
Happy St. Valentines Day to All
Our plan for today was to continue south to possibly catch-up with Ken and Kaysone. But, this morning it was foggy - dense fog. We decided to wait a bit to see if it would lift, but it didn't. Since we couldn't see the ICW markers and visibility was low we decided to stay in port for the day. Charlie on a mv (make Prairie) was going to leave too, but decided to stay another day as well. Not only was it foggy, it was cold and windy. Just not a nice day. Greg and Charlie split a cab and went to the local Publix for some groceries. I walked the girls, sorted and stowed some winter belongings (hopefully we won't be needing them). Later Greg and I took a walk through a nature trail which is located next to the marina. The trail winds around from the ICW side then crosses over to the ocean. Afterward Patrick and Michelle (mv GH) hosted us and John and Debbie (sailboat) on board their beautiful 47 ft Great Harbor. Patrick and Michelle recently purchased their boat in Florida and it's a beauty. John and Debbie are from PA and keep their sailboat in Baltimore, Maryland. All are headed for the west coast of Florida via the Okeechobee. We also met Jim and Pam (mv Silver Boots). They too were headed for the west coast via the Okeechobee. Jim and Pam have done this trip many times and offered some advice/info regarding inlets and trouble areas. Tomorrow's forecast is calling for more fog. We will see what Mother Nature brings in the morning.

Comments