Gone Sailing

S/V Abigail Grace

Gone Sailing / Abigail Grace

Fort Pierce
After breakfast and a walk with the girls we untied our lines, headed around Dragon Point, then south down the ICW. Our destination Fort Pierce City Marina. It was a windy long day of motoring. We wanted to put our sails up but, once again, we were headed dead into the wind. This part of the ICW is wide and somewhat boring as everything is far off in the distance. After negotiation the strong currents and bridge at Fort Pierce Inlet we made a right turn following the fairway (with a bump) that leads back and around to the Marina. We got fuel then went to our slip. As we were tying off we noticed dolphins jumping and splashing. A couple on their motor boat opposite us said they were feeding. Just as we were watching the dolphins we noticed what we thought were logs in the water. Those logs were manatees. Carl, the dock- master, came by in his golf cart to make sure we were okay. After checking on us he gave Greg a ride to the office to complete the usual paperwork, get keys, passwords, and other marina info. When Greg got back we took the girls for a walk, had dinner at the marina’s Tiki Hut restaurant (you get a discount), and called it a night.

Comments