Gone Sailing

S/V Abigail Grace

Gone Sailing / Abigail Grace - Lake Worth to West Palm Beach

Anchored with Tom and Ken
We woke to a beautiful anchorage. Lake Worth is large and “lake” like. It is located in North Palm Beach just off the ICW. The entrance to LW is marked very well, hence our being able to enter last night with a flash light. There were boats of all sizes and makes anchored throughout the Lake. To our port a marina full of mega yachts. The shores lined with nice homes and buildings. It was calm and pleasant - just like a lake. Last night our steering started making a noise. Greg checked it over but wasn’t able to find an obvious problem. He called George to trouble-shoot the problem/noise. After lunch we departed Lake Worth heading a short distance south to West Palm Beach. On the way we passed Peanut Island (Yeh Peanut), large cruise ships, mega yachts, a port, and many anchorage fields filled with boats. Tom and Ken are both anchored in West Palm Beach. Tom has been there close to a month and Ken arrived within the last week. We anchored below the Flagler Bridge near Tom and Ken. Ken motored over, in his dinghy, to say hello. The currents were strong and variable so we decided to stay on board for the evening to monitor our position/anchor. Great to see Tom and Ken.

Comments