Gone Sailing

S/V Abigail Grace

Gone Sailing / Abigail Grace - Moore Haven

Scenic and Peaceful
The winds, although still blowing, had subsided and we were on our way. We motored back through the lock, turned left and continued on the ICW. It was scenic and peaceful. We saw several "big" alligators and other wildlife as we motored toward our next lock in Moore Haven. After exiting the lock we continued toward our destination of River Forrest Yachting Center (RFYC) - sound familiar. We stayed at RFYC on the east side of Lake Okeechobee. This is their west side facility. We turned off the ICW and navigated a narrow, and thankfully, deep canal to our slip along a cement wall. The canal was lined with boats on one side and rocks on the other. Just like the east side facility, RFYC is well maintained and has lots of grassy areas for the girls (where they later had a bath). We tied off just in front of mv "Concrete Idea" (Kerry, Karen, and their little toy poodle Orca). This was the 3rd time we encountered "Concrete Idea". The 1st time was in the Mayaca Lock, then in Clewiston at Roland Martin Marina, and 3rd/now, here. Kerry and Karen live on their boat and have traveled much of the east coast. They too are headed to Ft. Myers.

Comments