SV Molly Bloom Adventures

Judy and Ron's Next Great Adventure!

11 March 2023 | Sunset Day One, Anclote Keys Light House
09 February 2023 | Hernando Beach, Florida
01 February 2022 | Marina La Marin, Marin, Martinique
31 December 2021 | Port Louis Marina, St. Georges, Grenada, West Indies
05 October 2021 | Hernando Beach, Florida

Old Years Night ... 2021

31 December 2021 | Port Louis Marina, St. Georges, Grenada, West Indies
Judith Zellmer | Sunny and Warm!
Here in Grenada ... yes, we are still in Grenada! ... they celebrate this night as "Old Years Night" simply meaning the last night of the year.

And what a year it has been! We are happy to celebrate out with the old and in with the new! We are still unsure of what the 'new' will be, since Covid is still wreaking havoc here in the Carribbean and around the globe, but we have become accustomed to it and learning to take each day at a time.

We have spent the last two and a half months here in Grenada making repairs to the sailboat. If you are a dirt dweller who has never taken their boat out to sea, you may not know that boats do not like to sit on the hard and be ignored. They will break everything they can think of just to spite you.

Once we finally splashed in mid-October, we spent several weeks just cleaning and organizing. Everything on the boat (and I mean EVERYTHING) had been pulled out and reloaded (many heart felt thanks to Dirk and Sue for their untiring help over the course of three days in that horrible task.) Ron even donated an old transmission he's been carrying around for years, if you can believe that! Don't ask me where he stored it ... he's got so many nooks and crannies you wouldn't know it was here if I hadn't just told you.

Anyway, present day ... ish. Ron and our friend Heinz tried to put the new Genoa sail up, and discovered that the roller furler needed new bearings. Best to get that fixed now before we leave and have an issue at sea, so we are waiting for Turbulance to come next week and take it down (its 60 feet tall), replace the bearings, and put it all back up. They will check all the rigging while they are doing that and then ... we think ... finally we will be ready to set sail!

In the meantime, we are enjoying visiting with so many long-time friends here in Grenada, and the beautiful weather and of course the food!

Wishing you a safe Old Years Night, and a Happy New Years Day.

Judy and Ron
Comments
Vessel Name: Molly Bloom
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 37 tpi
Hailing Port: Fajardo, Puerto Rico / Hernando Beach, Florida
Crew: Captain Ron Zellmer and First Mate Judy Zellmer
About:
Have you seen the movie 'Captain Ron?' Its required viewing onboard Molly Bloom, and gives our own Captain Ron a chuckle to let people think he's the inspiration for the character. In reality, he's a seasoned, life-time sailor who has earned the love and respect of everyone he meets. [...]
Extra: Call Sign: WDF6378 / MMSI: 367473630
Molly Bloom's Photos - Main
20 Photos
Created 11 March 2023
Adventures in Martinique
1 Photo
Created 1 February 2022
Pictures of Molly, somewhere in the world ...
1 Photo
Created 5 October 2021