Flight of Aghavni

a Topjian family traveling journey

Weather Routing and Revisions

I spoke with our weather route consultant today and we are moving the trip departure date up from Charleston one day to Saturday morning instead of Sunday morning. Primary reason is an expected cold front coming through and strong winds from S-SE on Tuesday and Wednesday (exactly the direction we will be heading). This plan should take us to within 50 miles or so of Bahamas before winds shift unfavorably. So, we have to scramble a bit more and Mama is doing the Advent Hustle while preparing for kids pageant and final packing items. Weather is the primary driver in safe passage making. Schedules are not. This photo shows a snapshot of the predicted wind and wave conditions for Sunday. If you can't read it, don't sweat it. The "feathers" represent windspeed and direction and the number are wave heights (in meters). See the 1 and 2 between Carolinas (that is good!). See the 6 and 7 off the coast of Nova Scotia? (That is bad!) Condition prediction through Sunday is favorable! As discussed previously, 96 hours is about the farthest modern technology can accurately predict atmospheric pressure (which causes weather!).


Comments