Flight of Aghavni

a Topjian family traveling journey

Preparations at anchor

At anchor tonight in Mobjack Bay, resting up and making final preparations for the boat and crew to go offshore tomorrow. Should be in the Atlantic around lunch and then off the grid.

Final systems check for all rigging, navigational equipment, safety gear checklists, start taking seasickness meds, make sure all items in cabin are stowed and secured (seat back tables in upright position!), run generator to power up battery bank and all electronic devices topped off, plan watch schedule, prepare simple-easy to eat-meals for first day offshore, check in with Kole for float plan, review weather/weather/weather, make sure focus on the family podcasts are downloaded, and the list goes on and on...

A good run straight down the bay today, covering about 75 miles all under sail. Ran the asymmetrical spinnaker on the new bowsprit and top-down furler which was very cool. The new main sheet setup was also put to the test and it is awesome. I can really single-hand the boat properly.

Kids and mama bear helping always, of course, but good to know that any one of us can fully control the boat from the cockpit.

Praying as always for a smooth and uneventful passage. Kids excited to have one-on-one time with Mom/dad which always seems so easy to do under sail.

Thanks all for your love and support!



Comments