Flight of Aghavni

a Topjian family traveling journey

Block Party

Thanks to our friends, we had a great time on Block Island! I've been here a few times before but never got off the boat-always heading somewhere and needed an peaceful anchorage. We had a great time with some notable highlights:

1. Breakfast donuts delivered boatside early morning from Symfoni! (Think homemade, fresh and hot with cinnamon sugar spices!)
2. Beach Day! Enjoying the surf and smooth sands of the Atlantic.
3. Ice Cream and Mudslides
4. Mexican dinner night!
5. Donuts* and coffee (round 2)
6. St Andrew Catholic Church: Lovely parish with many members graciously offering us rides on the island. Enjoyed a great service by newly ordained deacon on "Letting the cat out of the bag." Ask us about the message but the synopsis is to bring all darkness (and sin) in your life out into the light. As we do, the church must also...
7. The Bluffs
8. Dead Eye Dicks Fish N Chips
9. Mamabear's homemade bread
10. Killer sunsets

Sidebar: we love taking trips to coastal towns in September anytime after Labor Day. Whether Cape Cod, Ocean City, NC, Nantucket, Block, St Michaels, etc--the weather is still good without the burning heat, everything is still open (with good end of season shopping deals), the water is still warm to swim, and there is hardly any traffic/tourists.

Simply perfect timing!

*For those of you tracking our diet routine, this was a welcomed diversion to our normal eating patterns! Don't worry, butternut squash soup for dinner tonight!


Comments