Flight of Aghavni

a Topjian family traveling journey

Cape May Memories

Stopped in Atlantic City briefly last night for a short respite from squally weather. Got some shut eye despite the incrediblly bright lights (and that being said after just leaving NYC!).

We continued down the Atlantic Coast early this morning towards Cape May. Arrived just in time for a quick walk into town and some fun on the beach. Oddly enough, (similar to our Block Island post) we have been here many times but never gotten off the boat. Glad we got to the beach-it was beautiful.

Many boats in the anchorage are all heading south through Annapolis for the boat show next weekend. They'll mostly continue on to Florida/Bahamas and then head back north next Spring.

Enjoyed a delicious fish dinner on board courtesy mamabear and we are planning for another early start tomorrow up the Delaware Bay. Today marks the last of our offshore sailing for this summers North America trip to Canada.

Cape May is a special place for us as we celebrated our first offshore ocean leg here on our previous boat, Margalo, with the ARC Rally in 2015. That was a 450 mile trip through Maryland/Delaware/Virginia which included a 125 mile run from Norfolk, VA to Cape May, NJ.

We look back sweetly on those memories as we are soon to celebrate 10,000 miles sailed together as a family (3500 miles just this summer!).

God-willing, we'll be back on our beloved Chesapeake waters soon!

Prayer: Lord, we thank you for your protection throughout our journey and the incredible experiences we have enjoyed this summer. Thank you for those we have seen and met who have enhanced our appreciation of your love for mankind. Thank you for the gift of your creation and this amazing world, for which we so insignificantly appreciate and cannot possibly comprehend its beauty in all its forms. And thank you, Lord, for surrounding us with the great love of family and friends to support us in every way. Amen"


Comments