Flight of Aghavni

a Topjian family traveling journey

Firehose

It is absolutely incredible to be at sea with our family on a sailing adventure. We are so blessed to enjoy both the exhilarating times and challenging moments. And despite the tremendous costs of being away from family and friends, we are regularly reminded of how blessed we are...

There is a certain peace of being disconnected from the modern world at sea. But, let me tell you, when it ends, it ends hard and abruptly! Reminds me of the old phrase...

"It's like drinking from a firehose..."

For example, once the phone/computer hits wifi, the emails start flying in and it takes a while to determine what needs immediate attention and what can wait! We go a little batty-eyed for a minute to shuffle through the mess to see what we missed...it has become almost a dreaded moment. But, at the same time, the same technology allows us to be out here and be disconnected/connected. Crazy.

So, a quick picture of what we've missed just this week while sailing from Fiji to NZ, without all the stuff sorted through yet and we still need to call our folks for updates....

1. BIRTH OF OUR BABY GIRL COUSIN! Praise God for a healthy delivery and mom/dad/baby are great!
2. Moms Bday: Happy Happy to Ronnie McGee
3. Medzbaba in hospital, prayers welcomed
4. Senator Graham blocks Armenian Genocide Bill (seriously, dude?)
5. Start of the Orthodox Nativity Fast (Christmas!)

P.S. Photo is of us in line at Quarantine dock waiting for customs and calling Hopar/N for the blessing news of #1 above! CONGRATULATIONS and we can't wait to meet our beautiful new cousin!


Comments