Flight of Aghavni

a Topjian family traveling journey

Bike Race

We consider ourselves greatly blessed to have had the opportunity to explore this beautiful country, meet the amazing diverse people of the Kiwi Nation, and are continuously humbled by the “kindness of strangers” we have experienced here in Aotearoa.

While we remain unsure on our upcoming travel plans, we are excited to accept the invitation to participate in the 2021 Tour of New Zealand Bike Race!

We have decided as a family to work together with the riders and charities of the event and are all planning to come support the Race. I am specifically raising funds for Tearfund, and to support their work against child sex trafficking and exploitation.

I must be honest that it is not easy to train for a bike race while living on a boat. I have less than 30 days to prepare since hearing about the Race, and we are currently anchored on a remote island about 30 miles off mainland NZ. However, I am committed to finding a way to finish this challenging 550km mountainous race and support this great local organization.

My legs will spin an estimated 800,000 times over the seven days of the Race, something they haven't done in quite some time! According to the US State Department, that is the number of people trafficked across international borders every year, of which more than 50% are children (with an average age of 12 years old).

I'm cycling for them. For their freedom.

Please show your support by making a donation and know that Tearfund has been involved in fighting human trafficking for over a decade using the '5 P's' approach: prevention, prosecution, protection, policy, and partnership.

Gratefully yours,

Sevan (and the entire crew of Aghavni)


Info on Race: http://www.tourofnewzealand.co.nz/

Info on donating:
https://fundraise.tearfund.org.nz/fundraisers/sevantopjian


Comments