Casting Off

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain

10 August 2014 | Nerzine - Premuda - Nerezine!
10 August 2014 | Nerezine
10 August 2014 | Nerezine
05 August 2014 | Nerezine
05 August 2014 | Nerezine - Rjeka!
05 August 2014 | Nerezine
31 July 2014 | Still Nerezine!
29 July 2014 | Nerezine
29 July 2014 | Nerezine yacht yard
29 July 2014 | Nerezine
29 July 2014 | Mali Losinj
29 July 2014 | Mali Losinj
18 July 2014
16 July 2014 | VENICE
14 July 2014 | Malta
12 July 2014 | Malta
02 July 2014 | Malta
01 July 2014 | Malta

post in progress

05 August 2014 | Nerezine
BORA!!!
Saturday 2nd August
The day that our 'barge' was to earn her masts back and return to the status of sailing vessel had finally arrived. We woke up early and waited. And waited. And waited. At midday Ivan announced the arrival of the much anticipated 'riggers' . They did not make it to the boat. Michael was summoned and informed that the best way to kickstart a days' work was by having a beer. Finally, yet another hour later 3 very branded, fully kitted men donning Gill hats and gear started working to set up the rigging of SV Aigle D'Or but it was more than 24hours later that the crane launched the mizzen into place unceremoniously. The main mast on the other hand presented more of a problem and we damaged our newly varnished mast base. With the masts and basic rigging in place the riggers vanished as quickly as they had appeared...once again in another swirling storm... more details soon.... Baba's up and needs his breakfast! Pancakes with Nutella.... If you please!

So it turns out that the riggers were in too much of a rush to actually complete our rig so we have spent the past two days since they left trying to complete the job and actually redo some of what they did. It seems like we have finally got our heads around it and planned to set sail but once again Aeolus intervened... seems like he didn't like the fact that we laughed off his Borino on Saturday so Today(5/8/14) he's worked up a full Bora in our honour and once again we are Port bound! It's blowing a steady Force 7 and we have no choice but to sit and wait... so in the meantime we are keeping busy completing odd jobs and piecing together bits of the puzzle that we are living aboard, whilst trying desperately to keep our spirits up.




Comments
Vessel Name: The Golden Eagle
Vessel Make/Model: Formosa 51
Hailing Port: Malta
Crew: Mike, Liza, Tom and Seb
About: Mike and Liza together with Tom and Seb aged 5 and 6 take to the high seas to follow their dream:)
Extra:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." Mark Twain And so we will.... Now that we have [...]

Following our dream

Who: Mike, Liza, Tom and Seb
Port: Malta