Getting the hours on.....
28 April 2007
It was warm and sunny all week, almost like the end of May rather than the end of April. This past week saw much progress. The mast is in and the rig is tuned. The wind generator is installed and now just needs the wiring completed. The 52 charts have been picked up in Connecticut and we received news that the water maker can be repaired for $270. I installed the hi cut Yankee today and started to do yet another cleanup below. We now have 11.4 hours on the new engine. The goal is to get 20-40 hours on it before we depart just to male sure it is working well. Today I put 1.5 hours in and steamed up the NW Arm and took a spin over to McNab's Island. All seems good so far. The pitch on the prop is perfect and the boat handles like a dream. With 25 knots on the nose we can now make 7.5 knots if we want. This is compared to 3-4 knots with the old engine under similar conditions. We should have changed that engine years ago.
This week I will focus on sailing issues like sails, winches and running and standing rigging. We will be sailing this week if all goes well. :-)