Leeway II

Fulfilling a life-long dream of cruising the oceans in our own boat. Join us as we travel in our classic 1984 Alberg 37 Yawl

31 March 2014 | Hopetown to Man O War
31 March 2014 | Hopetown, Abacos
20 March 2014 | Hopetown, Abacos
20 March 2014 | Hopetown, Abacos
20 March 2014 | Marsh Harbour, Abacos
11 March 2014 | Marsh Harbour
28 February 2014 | Man O War Cay
28 February 2014 | Marsh Harbour
17 February 2014 | Man O War Cay
09 February 2014 | Treasure Cay, Abacos, Bahamas
31 January 2014 | White Sound, Green Turtle Cay, Abacos, Bahamas
30 December 2013 | Indiantown
03 November 2013 | Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
26 February 2013 | Riviera Beach Marina, West Palm Beach, Florida
27 December 2012 | Stuart, Florida
17 October 2012 | Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
28 June 2012 | Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
20 May 2012 | Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
07 May 2012 | Indiantown, Florida
28 April 2012 | West End, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas

About Us

01 January 2010
Wayne & Cindy
Wayne holds a B.A in Sociology & an M.A. in adult education and for the past 18 years has been a self-employed management consultant focusing on human resources and corporate training. As a child he spent summers at the family cottage on Lake Huron messing around with boats which, although unknown at the time, engrained in him a life-long passion for boating and the water. He has completed a wide range of both power squadron and Canadian Yachting Association courses and honed his skills cruising and racing on Lake Ontario.



Cindy is a graduate of the University of Waterloo and the University of Ontario Institute of Technology and has been involved in economic development for over 20 years. She currently serves as the Director of Economic Development and Real Estate Services for a major city within the Greater Toronto Area. She didn't become involved in sailing until after joining forces with Wayne but since has completed a wide range of CPS, Canadian Yachting Association and other related courses in preparation for going cruising. She has become a skilled and confident sailor over the past 20 years.



Wayne & Cindy met in 1984 during volunteer community work, married in 1988 and together worked to help raise Wayne's two sons who have grown to become young men, husbands, and fathers that are a great source of pride. During our early years together we became involved in our local yacht club, bought our first keelboat and spent summers cruising Lake Ontario. We loved the cruising lifestyle and met some great people on those all-too-brief sojourns and slowly the idea of cruising full-time began to take hold. What started out as a "nice-to-do" idea quickly morphed into a "got-to-do" quest and our life began to revolve around, to the astonishment of family and friends, being able to go cruising as soon as possible.

We first struck upon the idea of taking a year or two off for a mid-life cruising sabbatical but just as that idea was taking shape Cindy was offered a major career advancement opportunity. The benefits were too good to turn down so we re-evaluated, dug deep and focused on the early retirement opportunity this career change offered us. We rewarded ourselves by taking as much time as we could to cruise our home waters; living onboard from May to November; and, immersing ourselves in learning as much as we could about sailing and cruising. During those years, we set a number of concrete goals to accomplish that would turn our dream into a reality including purchasing a blue water boat that would safely carry us where we wanted to go.

Now we're nearly there. Our family has grown to include 2 wonderful daughter-in-laws and 3 granddaughters Kyla, Naomi & Nikola who can melt your heart in an instant but both families are busy and independent. Our career paths are mature and slowing coming to their conclusions. We have the boat ready to go.

So, over the coming year we will be making decisions about how best to extricate ourselves from the trappings of this land-based, working world and launch our dream of cruising. It's going to be an interesting year. Stay tuned.
Vessel Name: Leeway II
Vessel Make/Model: 1984 Alberg 37' Yawl
Hailing Port: Whitby, Ontario, Canada
Crew: Wayne & Cindy Milroy
About:
Wayne & Cindy Milroy have been sailing and cruising on Lake Ontario for nearly twenty-five years. Since shortly after joining forces in life, we nurtured the dream to go cruising on our own sailboat “where the butter always melts”. [...]
Extra:
We will use this blog to share our escapades as we go wandering about. We’ll try to keep our family updated on our whereabouts and convince them that we are safe; we’ll share the excitement and wonder of our adventures with friends who supported our dreams throughout the years; and, we’ll [...]

Leeway's Crew

Who: Wayne & Cindy Milroy
Port: Whitby, Ontario, Canada
WELCOME ABOARD! Feel free to look around and enjoy yourself. We'd love to hear from you. PLEASE NOTE! The most recent posts are listed first. If you would like to follow this blog from its beginning please click on the Contents and scroll to the bottom. Early posts are located at the end of the list.
(c) 2010 Wayne & Cindy Milroy. All rights reserved