Sailing on Paradise

21 May 2015 | Gumusluk
01 May 2015 | Marmaris Yacht Marina
30 April 2015 | Marmaris Yacht Marina
28 February 2015 | Marmaris
21 September 2014 | Kos
23 August 2014 | Sifnos, Greece
23 August 2014 | Kiperissiri
06 July 2014 | Cephalonia
08 June 2014 | Corfu
22 May 2014 | Kassiopi, Corfu
10 May 2014 | Taormina, Sicily
10 May 2014 | Vulcano, The Aeolian Islands
05 May 2014 | Palermo
01 May 2014 | Arenella near Palermo
25 April 2014 | San Vito lo Capo

Sardinia The Question Mark in the Middle of the Sea

12 September 2013 | North Sardinia
Ness
We arrive on 6th Agust in Cala Del Bollo a small bay close to the old walled town of Alghero after a trouble free 36 hr sail from Menorca. A peaceful night followed and the following morning we rowed across to meet Hilary and Neil from Plane Magic. After arranging to meet up with them and Steve and Lynne from Scarlet Lady for drinks later, Paul and I set off in our dinghy to find 'Neptune's Grotto' as described in our guide book.
We were unsure of its exact whereabouts so each time we approached a likely inlet in the cliff face we anticipated this would be the grotto. This happened several times and our little dinghy travelled some way before we arrived at what we decided was indeed the bay of Neptune's Grotto. We cut the engine out and marvelled as we looked up and around the impressive limestone cliffs and at the dark caves at sea level. The largest of these caves we decided must lead to Neptune's Grotto; however you would only be able to enter it wearing scuba diving equipment so we assumed there must be another entrance that visitors could use around the other side of the cliffs. So convinced were we that we took lots of photos and Paul made a video describing Sardinia's famous Neptune's Grotto. Once we had indulged ourselves enough of this atmospheric place, we decided to travel just a little further around the cliff corner. As we did so we saw several pleasure boats filled with tourists, people walking down steps from the car park above and hey ho, what's this ?............... an entrance to......Neptune's grotto. And no scuba diving equipment required. The grotto's attendants were very friendly and helpful but we had come without any money so we had to be content we our own 'little grotto'. Well we did prefer it and it was free!
Photo shows 'Our Grotto!'
Comments
Vessel Name: Paradise
Vessel Make/Model: Aldabra
Hailing Port: Dartmouth
Crew: Paul Doolan and Vanessa Collett
About:
Hi! We, (Paul and Ness) are soon setting off to sail around the world. We sail Paradise, a 60ft Catamaran which we purchased from Italy in 2011. The last two winters have been very busy for us as we prepared Paradise for our adventure. [...]
Social:

Sailing on Paradise

Who: Paul Doolan and Vanessa Collett
Port: Dartmouth