Into the Sunset

03 November 2012 | Dowry Creek Marina. Bellhaven, NC
02 November 2012 | Alligator River Marina
01 November 2012 | Coinjock, NC
14 August 2012 | Portland, ME
07 August 2012 | Booth Bay Harbor ME
04 August 2012 | Portland, ME
03 August 2012 | Portsmouth, NH
28 July 2012 | Salem, MA
26 July 2012 | Sandwich, MA
20 July 2012 | Nantucket, MA
19 July 2012 | Falmouth, MA
16 July 2012 | 41 29.3'N
13 July 2012 | 41 29.07' N
12 July 2012 | Mystic CT
09 July 2012 | 41 11.35' N
06 July 2012 | City Island, NY
01 July 2012 | Weekawken, NJ on the Hudson River
30 June 2012 | Manasquan, NJ
29 June 2012 | Atlantic City, NJ

Nantucket

20 July 2012 | Nantucket, MA
Linda / cloudy and warm
We had a little push off of the dock at 9 am in the rain. The 80 foot yacht, Game 7, that was docked in front of us belonged to Johnny Damon, a professional baseball player. His family was out cruising while he was playing baseball. Jim remarked that he wondered what kind of work these people who own those huge yachts were into. So now we know...professional sports!
The trip to Nantucket Island was rainy and a little rough but we made good time, arriving just as the rain stopped. We were escorted to our reserved mooring ball and tied up in the spacious harbor. It was huge compared to Martha's Vineyard! And there were many large yachts moored around us. We recognized Halcyon, the sailboat that had been docked near us in Charleston! Small world!
We found Nantucket to be a family-oriented vacation spot where everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Children were well behaved, neatly dressed, and very well mannered. The small village of Nantucket was charming with a cobble stone main street lined with so many shops! The architecture was simple with gray weathered shingled houses. We visited the whaling museum, which was fascinating. It definitely turned me into a 'Save the Whales' supporter! The torturous way the whales were killed was shocking.
We used the island transit to see the island. The buses were an inexpensive way to travel. Our visit to Nantucket felt like a vacation! We really enjoyed our time here.
Comments
Vessel Name: Al Di La
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 45cc
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Crew: Jim and Linda Dreiling
About: Cruising the East Coast and other fun places.
Extra: Tasha, our Siberian cat, will be joining us.

Retirement = Living the Dream

Who: Jim and Linda Dreiling
Port: Charleston, SC