S/V Aletheia

Refitting and loving in Baltimore, Md.

30 July 2013 | BMC-Lighthouse Point
24 July 2013 | Back Creek, Annapolis
15 May 2013 | White Rock Creek, Pasadina, Md
16 January 2013 | BMC
16 January 2013 | BMC
21 November 2012 | Germantown, Md. Not very close to the harbors of England here
20 August 2012 | BMC
18 June 2012 | BMC
04 June 2012 | Back Creek and BMC
01 May 2012 | BMC, MD and Reading, Pa
16 April 2012 | BMC-Patapsco
06 April 2012 | Baltimore
24 January 2012 | BMC
19 December 2011 | BMC
28 November 2011 | Lake Orion, Michigan
23 November 2011 | BMC
14 November 2011 | The Bay Bridge and Sillery Bay

New Week…Same stuff…and a Summer Summary

08 November 2011 | BMC
Tim/Great
New Week…Same stuff…and a Summer Summary

Had a GREAT week end in the marina. The weather was awesome. Friday after work was spent relaxing on the boat and visiting with others in the marina. Saturday Tina did spinning for diners while I prepped the boat then out to the pump-out and fuelling (64gal total) then back to the slip.

Took the dingy off the davits and inflated for John to borrow, picked up all the materials to insulate Hannah’s boat. Then Port Side for dinner and movie night on the boat. Sunday we walked down to a coffee shop then walked back to the boat and napped. We needed to nap after an exhausting week-end like this.

In Aug I put 25 gal of fuel in and then an additional 64 gal Sat. means we used about 89 gal of fuel this season (so far) at ~.8gal/hr we motored for ~106 hrs this year. At approx 5kts/hr under power, we motored for around 535 miles. This does not count the 20 minutes we spent under sail alone. It seems like that is all it was. We actually sailed a lot and became very comfortable with handling the boat. I even made one trip out for a week end single-handing the boat.

We had about 28 different people on board for overnight trips which included all of our family, a number of friends and 6 trips to Annapolis, multiple trips to Rock Creek, Dobbin’s Island and some just out and back’s.

We dingy’d down to pier six for Trace Atkins, Dirks Bently, Chicago, Emmy-lou Harris and I think one other concert. We really enjoyed doing that.

We also ran 2 half marathons and I ran one full marathon.

A lot of repairs and upgrades on the boat.

All in all…A great season so far. And we have at least 2 more trips planned.

Just thought I would BLOG a summer summary.

Here we are inspecting the Genaker and drifter sails. We will be playing with these soon.

Have a great day all

Tim
Comments
Vessel Name: Aletheia
Vessel Make/Model: Challenger 40 Ketch
Hailing Port: Baltimore, MD
Crew: Captain Tim
About: Full Time live-aboard in Baltimore inner harbor.
Social:

The Crew

Who: Captain Tim
Port: Baltimore, MD