Around The World Slowly

Just one more day here please!!!

ALEXES

Who: Jenny and Dave
Port: Sydney
13 July 2010 | Dartmouth
11 July 2010 | Weymouth
05 July 2010 | In the Hamble
28 June 2010 | Brighton
23 June 2010 | Zeebrugger Harbour
15 May 2010 | Zeebrugge (Belgium)
12 May 2010
28 April 2010
27 April 2010
21 April 2010 | Dunkerque
18 April 2010 | 50.57.782n 001.50.742e
17 April 2010 | 51.24.96n 000.44.07e
16 April 2010 | 51.30.45N 00.04.21W

Arriving in Camaret, France

30 July 2010
Jenny & David Spencer
After a lovely sail from England (apart from crossing the shipping lanes) , we entered Camaret harbour to a beautiful morning of sunshine. Falmouth had rained a great deal before we left and we were beginning to wonder whether we would see the sun again. The whole harbour was full of little racing dinghies darting everywhere. As it was early morning there were plenty of visitor's moorings to be had. After a few days we headed down to the scenic town of Benoit stayed on visitor's buoys which include free dinghy service to the shore.
Most of these days we tend to do short hops of no more than 50 nm, so that we can enjoy these lovely towns. Port Lorient was to be our next stop, but realised we wouldn't get in due to our length. However we compromised with staying at Kernival which was to be a ferry ride away. My birthday was to be on the Sunday so we stayed a few days and did a few lunches instead. There was a Celtic music festival on and the town was teaming with tourists.
We left at first light, to a light breeze but enough to put the sails up and see how far it takes us. The town of Le Herbaudiere was only 40 odd nm away but the only berth available for us was with the fisherman. No problem as we were looking to move on early the next day. The harbour master was very hospitable and gave us a really good discount. Moving on down the coast we motored most of day down to Les Sables D' Olonne which is where the Vendee Globe Races start. Our berth was alongside previous racing boats. Some are now used to take tourists out and about.
Comments
Vessel Name: Alexes
Vessel Make/Model: Taswell
Hailing Port: Sydney
Crew: Jenny and Dave
Extra: We Departed Sydney Jan 2004 bound for NZ and Fiji. We joined the Blue Water Rally at Cairns QLD in Sept 2006 and have been sailing around the MED for the last few years before venturing up to UK and Holland.

ALEXES

Who: Jenny and Dave
Port: Sydney