ALOFT

04 January 2012
04 January 2012
04 January 2012
04 January 2012
04 January 2012 | On Our Way to Georgetown
29 December 2011 | Galliot Cut
27 December 2011
27 December 2011 | To Black Point
25 December 2011 | Big Major
24 December 2011 | Big Major
18 December 2011 | Big Major
16 December 2011 | Big Major Spot
10 December 2011
10 December 2011
10 December 2011
09 December 2011
06 December 2011 | Lynyard Cay
03 December 2011
30 November 2011

We Made It To The Bahamas

25 December 2009 | Bimini Bahamas
So last night we gave up hope for crossing the weather just did not look as comfortable as we would have hoped for being Christian is a handfully when he can not run around so we spend all night trying to figure out where to spend christmas. We woke up early and pulled anchor we got out of the channel and had every intention of heading to farther into the keys. I think we got 30 minuted out of the channel we looked at each other and said "THIS IS IT" so we made our phone calls and off we were for our first crossing together and Christian's first crossing EVER. We pointed towards Bimini and off we were. It was beautiful rolling 4 footers and Christian loves to sleep in those, even better for mom. He sat topside and was very pleasent for most of the day we made about 15 miles out and we were joined by a power boat named "Caroline" it was her first crossing and they were taking it nice and easy. Off in our distance were two more sails and we were much more comfortable about being in the open waters. We made pretty good time to we got into the Bimini channel about 5:00 and were anchored by 6:00 we danced around the channel a little bit with three other sailboats all trying to get in. The channel was tricky you run up just like you are going to beach your boat everyone id comfortable with that concept, keep the green marker on your port and stay starboard in the channel we draft 6 ft and we had 5-7 under us at all times. "Caroline" was in fornt of us and got a little port after the turn of the green bouy and was only in 5.5 ft of water good thing they were a power boat only with 3 ft draft. Well I got my Christmas wish we are in the Bahamas we now have to plan out the rest we were suppose to be in the Abacos good thing we have a while.
Merry Christmas
CLC
Comments
Vessel Name: Aloft
Vessel Make/Model: Hans Christian
Hailing Port: Atlantic Beach, FL
Crew: Craig, Lisa & Christian
About: sailing 38' hans christian from Jacksonville Beach to the Bahamas for 45 day vacation!
Extra: showing our 19 month old son Christian the bahamas.

Aloft

Who: Craig, Lisa & Christian
Port: Atlantic Beach, FL