ALOFT

04 January 2012
04 January 2012
04 January 2012
04 January 2012
04 January 2012 | On Our Way to Georgetown
29 December 2011 | Galliot Cut
27 December 2011
27 December 2011 | To Black Point
25 December 2011 | Big Major
24 December 2011 | Big Major
18 December 2011 | Big Major
16 December 2011 | Big Major Spot
10 December 2011
10 December 2011
10 December 2011
09 December 2011
06 December 2011 | Lynyard Cay
03 December 2011
30 November 2011

Last Day In Bimini (We Hope)

29 December 2009 | Bimini
Today was pretty much a very quite day we enjoied relaxing it was COLD. Well from what we hear not as cold as Jacksonville. It was in the high 60's chilly from what we had been seeing. Of course Christian fished this morning and his lip is pretty it keeps opening back up but in the last few hours it seems to be healing better. It does not seem to bother him as much. Christian went down for a nap we were hoping for a long one considering he decided to grace us with his presence at 5:00 this morning. No such luck 45 minutes. I fished a little during his nap and was reeling in some beautiful tropical fish when I had a squirrel fish hooked and laid him back in the water to grap tools he decided to swallow my hook when a 3 foot berricude arrived he lunged but I got the fish up first he stuck around for a while I got some great pictures everytime I threw something in he was right there. We took a dinghy ride into the shore and our goal was to get some tackle and send out some mail. We found a local store with some tackle the doors always seem to be closed but the secound you walk up to it someone is right behind you letting you in. This guy had some very interesting tackle but we got what we needed and also another tackle box and plyers, I dropped the Craig's into the water the other day and I think he was more upset about the ding to the boat than the cutters. To bad he was watching I was going to blame that one on Christian. HaHa. We were also able to find the official post matser which we have been trying to do for three days but with the holiday and the Bahamian holiday Monday today was the first day back opened we bought stamps and sent our mail out, .66 cents to send each piece not to bad. We tried again to get some Bahamian bread but once again no luck Barbara's Bread on top of the hill, was all out for the day but we are told her bread is amazing I wish we could have tried it maybe next trip. Back to the boat a dinner prep time we pulled out some pork and let it thaw for a while we opened up the bag and well put it his way I think everything in the freezer is going in the garbage. I don't do iffy. So craig takes the garbage up to shore to throw away and the locals go nuts. Craig came back with Conch, Snapper and Grouper. Well we now have fish but no meat. When we get to West End I guess shopping is at the top of our list. We will also take a look at the freezer. Well tomorrow like our crossing day off to West End about 60 miles and an east wind. If all goes well we should arrive in West End at about 7:00pm. Looking forward to a change. Not to much to do in Bimini beautiful place though.
Comments
Vessel Name: Aloft
Vessel Make/Model: Hans Christian
Hailing Port: Atlantic Beach, FL
Crew: Craig, Lisa & Christian
About: sailing 38' hans christian from Jacksonville Beach to the Bahamas for 45 day vacation!
Extra: showing our 19 month old son Christian the bahamas.

Aloft

Who: Craig, Lisa & Christian
Port: Atlantic Beach, FL