ALPENGLOW

A 38' Island Packet cutter rigged sailboat

01 July 2015
18 October 2014
29 September 2014 | Beaufort, North Carolina
25 July 2014 | Dillon, CO
19 June 2014 | Dillon, Colorado
13 March 2014 | March or April edition 2014
13 February 2014

LAKE WORTH & LAKE SYLVIA, FL: Nov.20-21, 20214

21 November 2014
We went down the ICW to Lake worth. We sailed most of the way downwind reaching 9 knots. YEAH ! we were flying in the ICW. In total, this trip was 59 miles. We missed one of the bridge openings so we got to the anchorage as it was getting dark (5:30pm). It was a long day but a very enjoyable one. We only stayed here the night at Lake Worth.

The very next day, we sailed offshore from Lake Worth to Lake Sylvia in Ft. Lauderdale. The waves about 5-10 feet at every 8 seconds on the aft quarter. Winds were at 15 knots gusting to 25. At first, the waves were rocking our boat in a very uncomfortable manner but soon we fell off a wee bit and it was more tolerable.

Upon reaching Lake Sylvia there was a 41' catamaran that was following us and decided to set his anchor right in front of us and over our anchor. Really ? Normally, a boat behind should wait to see where the boat in front will anchor then anchor himself at a good distance. I guess he was in a hurry.

The next day, he moved enough for us to pull our anchor and off we went to Cooley's Landing Marina on the New River.
Comments
Vessel Name: Alpenglow
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 38, Hull #83
Hailing Port: Dillon, Colorado
Crew: Tim & Susan Tiefenbach
About:
Tim has been sailing since he was 6 yrs old in the San Francisco Bay area. At 16, he bought a 14' Laser that he raced and placed first several times. [...]
Extra: Tim & Susan have been racing a J29 & Etchells on Lake Dillon in Colorado. Tim sailed the Pacific from Hawaii to San Francisco and both Tim & Susan sailed from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas. They also chartered sailboats in many places in the Caribean.
Social:

Alpenglow

Who: Tim & Susan Tiefenbach
Port: Dillon, Colorado