Altair's Cruz Nuz

cruising, vb, kroozing, working on your boat in exotic locations around the Caribbean....Dudley and Becca

25 October 2012 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club
25 September 2012 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club
28 July 2011 | Coconut Grove Sailing Club!
27 July 2011 | Key Biscayne, Florida
27 July 2011 | Stiltsville and Miami just across the Bay.
27 July 2011 | Gulf Stream...
27 July 2011 | Gulf Stream, Here we come!
26 July 2011 | Sweet and Very Special Bahamas...Goodbye...for now!
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor
26 July 2011 | Gun Cay's floral gifts!
26 July 2011 | The surf at Honeymoon Harbor!
26 July 2011 | Our last island wonderland...before the Concrete Jungle....
26 July 2011 | Gun Cay...Practicing walking on land...
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor...very cool!
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor
26 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor...We like it!
25 July 2011 | A very Busy Honeymoon Harbor!
25 July 2011 | Honeymoon Harbor, Lee side of Gun Cay
25 July 2011 | Bimini, Our Beloved Bahamas!
24 July 2011 | Bimini, Big Game Club Marina!

First Step on Martinique Soil...

19 March 2011 | Rodney Bay, St. Lucia to Le Marin, Martinique!
Becca
We left this morning with the main up @ 5:41a and said goodbye to St. Lucia...and here we are, looking at the NE coast with some weather hovering all around us! We like it blustery...and we got it good! We arrived in Le Marin, south coast of Martinique @ 11a with plenty of time to clear in before siest...and our first stop was for mussels at the Mango Bay restaurant where all the cruisers gather for internet, a cold brew and good food. They bloody speak French...what are we American's supposed to do...learn the darn language ya think? This is where we first stepped onto Martinique, the dingy dock in front of customs. This is the land of flowers, for real.

We want to go to St. Anne, but we need to get some stuff done and it's Le Marin where we will get the water for our tanks, the laundry done, the Super Marche, the Yamaha fixed..right here in the sailing capital of Martinique! If you need to get it done, it's here!

We miss you Olga...but have embraced every hike and every bit of local knowledge so far that you've shared with us two years ago...oooooooh the history, the yoles, the patisseries, boulangeries, the food! We miss you more!

Bec









-- Dudley and Bec S/V Altair skype name: dbaltair skype #: 305.600.2308 sailblogs.com/member/altair chasealtair@gmail.com artbybeccabutler@gmail.com
Comments
Vessel Name: Altair
Vessel Make/Model: Tartan 34'
Hailing Port: Coconut Grove Sailing Club
Crew: Dudley Clark and Becky Butler
About: Dudley has owned this Tartan sloop and has been cruising on her since 1986. Becky joined the good sloop back in 2000 when we first started cruising together and he has been 'training' me ever since! I couldn't be happier! I've been sailing all my life, but cruising is a whole different fish!
Extra: This is the most extended cruise we've braved on this wonderful, old boat of ours which is planned to be about 2 years! We left Miami in late February of 2008 and want to get below the hurricane belt by the end of July! Ok, so it's July, 2011...we're close, but not home yet!

S/V ALTAIR

Who: Dudley Clark and Becky Butler
Port: Coconut Grove Sailing Club