An Altere Adventure

Bang Bang

So I learned a new term from my young friends here. A “Bang Bang” apparently refers to when you go to one restaurant and have a meal and then go to another restaurant to sample their food as well; Bang and Bang. Jane and Casey returned this afternoon from swimming with the whale sharks and had found a restaurant they wanted to try. So off we went.

First we went to a place called Kochi Kochi. The three of us split two plates. We ordered a sandwich made with a hamburger patty, pulled pork, jack cheese, and grilled pineapple. Also a ciabatta bun with grilled brisket, crispy onions and avacado. Both were nicely seasoned and were well presented with fries. Bang!

Then we headed off to a place where we had been watching them make their own fresh pasta. There was not a table ready for us, so we headed across the street to a Mezcaleria named La Miserable (named after the house cat who is grumpy). We tried several different types of mexcal from different parts of México. More truthfully, Jane and Casey tried them. I only had a taste of theirs.

Then we went back to Locos Pasta and ordered Ravioli with a Genovese Sauce and an Arrabiatta Fettucine. Both were superb. It amazed us that they made fresh pasta for each order. We sat outside and enjoyed the food and the ambience. Bang!

Comments