An Altere Adventure

La Paz: Invasion of the Young

At Marina Cortez, I made acquaintance with many other cruisers. I was assigned a slip next to Mike and Melissa on Galapagos from Tacoma of all places. And I began to get ready for the invasion of the young. That could be the title of a sci-fi / horror flick or the name of a band.

My daughter and her boyfriend were to arrive Sunday night. Note the conditional past tense. Their plane was delayed causing them to miss their connection. They spent a night in Houston whilst United Airlines busied themselves losing Elisabeth’s suitcase. Once they got to Cabo the next day, they were told that they would have to wait and the bag would arrive the next day.

Already having lost 2 days of their short vacation with me in México, I elected to rent a car and drive to Cabo and pick them (and the errant suitcase) up. We spent the night at a resort there allowing me to sleep in a real bed for the first time in over two months. I also had not driven a car in that time. We were able to dine out at Los Bariles, the restaurant that Andrew and I had discovered when we were there in January. It was another 5 star meal, impeccably prepared and presented. The kids were impressed and we had a delightful time. We used the pool at the resort before leaving the next day.

The visit to Cabo allowed us to make a provisioning stop at Costco, where the parking lot had an incredible view of the sea and the Arches at the Cape. Afterward we grabbed the bag from United at the airport and headed back to La Paz. We dined on the malecón and then walked among the families enjoying the evening coolness.

Comments