Aluna

10 March 2014 | Holandes Cays, San Blas
27 February 2014 | Columbia
24 February 2014 | Carthagena
06 February 2014 | Santa Marta, Columbia
13 January 2014 | Santa Marta, Kolumbien
14 June 2013 | Curacao, Spanish Water
07 June 2013 | Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic
26 May 2013 | Dominican Republic
11 May 2013 | Haiti
08 May 2013 | Haiti
06 February 2013 | Varadero, Northcoast of Cuba
29 November 2012 | Guanaja
21 November 2012 | Bay Islands, Utila
19 November 2012 | Rio Dulce, Golfrete
18 November 2012 | Rio Dulce, Guatemala
14 April 2012 | Isla Mujeres, Yucatan
03 April 2012 | Yucatan Channel
29 March 2012 | Cayo Largo
13 March 2012 | Cayo Largo
15 February 2012 | Cuba

Milling with the rich and the filthy rich

07 June 2013 | Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic
Hurricane season has officially started and the first tropical waves are reported. We are at a lovely dock in "Casa de Campo", one of the nicest marinas (not that we have a lot of marina experience) we´ve been. It all started of very nicely with a polite letter from the marina and the promise that a dinghy will come and guide us to our dock. Well, what a service, we had even two dinghies helping us to tie our lines and gently pushed us with a well protected fendered off dinghy alongside the dock. Wow, never happened before. If it was always that easy, I remember in Port Louis, Grenada, the dock master would not even come out, when it rained! In Le Marin, Martinique, they would not even answer the VHF radio, you had to walk into their office, ha!
Casa de Campo was inspired by two Italian architects and is hence very stylish and has got a lot to offer, 3 golf courses, polo grounds, an equestrian centre, shouting range, an outstanding amphitheater and art center, lots of beautiful shops and restaurants. The grounds are gated and vast, people drive with golf carts, we cycle, but we have not seen half of the over 70 ha land. A lot of the villas one can rent, they start at €350,-/per night, or if you want to really spoil yourself, you can rent an oceanfront villa inclusive maid/butler/cook, for only €4 500.- /per night. The villas are individually designed and set in lovely lush grounds, a pleasure to look at. I know, it could be anywhere it´s not typical local developments, but I like cycling through this garden Eden.
Unfortunately it is the end of the "fishing season" and all the activities have stopped, friends of ours were here a couple of months ago and they told us about one celebration after the other, free drinks and food all round.
Comments
Vessel Name: Aluna
Vessel Make/Model: Orana 44 Fountaine Pajot Catamaran
Hailing Port: Travemünde
Crew: Richard & Eveline
Social:

Caribbean

Who: Richard & Eveline
Port: Travemünde