Adventures on Amelie

27 May 2008 | Brunswick, Georgia
30 April 2008 | Lee Stocking Island
13 April 2008 | Emerald Bay Marina
22 March 2008 | Staniel Cay
10 March 2008 | Staniel Cay
24 February 2008 | Nassau
26 January 2008 | 24 35.623'N
14 January 2008 | Nassau, Bahamas
10 January 2008 | Chub Cay
03 January 2008 | Bahamas
30 December 2007 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL
21 December 2007 | St. Augustine, FL
07 December 2007 | Charleston, SC
28 November 2007 | Charleston, SC

Getting ready for Bon Voyage

07 December 2007 | Charleston, SC
Tracy
Hello Everyone!

We give the car up tomorrow morning and hope to sail out on Sunday. We plan on sailing down the coast to the Ft. Lauderdale area, and then across the Gulf to the Exumas.

We've made so many good friends here that I'm really feeling sad about leaving. I'm so glad we've decided to return next summer.

We're doing our final provisioning and finishing up projects like crazy. We signed up for Skype and have a WY area code number you can call us on. It's a free call if you have Skype, if not, it's just your regular long distance charge. We also have a satellite phone to keep in touch with. Just email us and we'll give you the numbers. We are having our cell phones shut off as of 12/15/07 since they won't work in the Bahamas. You can leave us voice mails on Skype or Sat Phone and we can call you back as soon as we have a signal.

I'll log in again the night before we leave and give you our route plan and time line.

Wish us luck!
Comments
Vessel Name: Amelie
Vessel Make/Model: 2004 Prout Catamaran
Hailing Port: Jackson, WY
Crew: Jeff Miller, Tracy Weber, Bailey Weber, and Zack the dog
About: Jeff is the only one of us with real sailing experience. I did take some lessons when we moved on to the boat, but really I'm a beginner. Bailey of course is only 5 so her main duty is to entertain, and Zack is our resident snuggle puppy.
Extra: We set out with the goal of being able to sail for 3 to 5 years. Of course that depends on expenses, etc. We are home schooling Bailey with Calvert while we're underway and just trying to take life day by day.

Adventures on Amelie

Who: Jeff Miller, Tracy Weber, Bailey Weber, and Zack the dog
Port: Jackson, WY