Adventures on Amelie

27 May 2008 | Brunswick, Georgia
30 April 2008 | Lee Stocking Island
13 April 2008 | Emerald Bay Marina
22 March 2008 | Staniel Cay
10 March 2008 | Staniel Cay
24 February 2008 | Nassau
26 January 2008 | 24 35.623'N
14 January 2008 | Nassau, Bahamas
10 January 2008 | Chub Cay
03 January 2008 | Bahamas
30 December 2007 | Ft. Lauderdale, FL
21 December 2007 | St. Augustine, FL
07 December 2007 | Charleston, SC
28 November 2007 | Charleston, SC

Bimini

03 January 2008 | Bahamas
Tracy
Well, we're in Bimini!!

Jeff actually fixed the engine issue on the 30th. (Is there anything he can't do?) All he has to do is read a manual and he can fix anything. I always say, how did you fix that? His response is that he wasn't born knowing how to take apart a marine head, etc. There is no way I could sit down and read a manual and go take apart something and fix it! In ways I envy him for that, in other ways, I don't want to take apart a toilet!!

We looked at weather and saw that we needed to sail on the 31st or we'd be stuck in Lauderdale for a long time. The seas were perfect, no seasickness. We celebrated New Years during a quick watch change and enjoyed watching fireworks through the binoculars looking back at Miami. We didn't toast that night, because you need to be ready for anything while sailing, so we had our champagne with dinner on the 1st.

Service here is really bad. We ordered dinner at the bar...and by dinner I mean soup, chicken fingers, and a club sandwich. Jeff got his soup and 45 minutes after that Bailey and I gave up and came back to the boat for some good old hotdogs and ravioli, mmmm.

The weather is really bad, as expected with the cold front that would've held us up for a week, so we're held up at the Big Game Marina. The winds aren't favorable for us to be heading east anytime soon, so we'll try to find an anchorage that has good holding with the wind blowing so hard.

I started school with Bailey again. She is very eager to learn after her long break. I should knock on wood for that or tomorrow will be pure hell. She's so smart, but man is she stubborn. Where she gets it I'll never know:)

We're looking forward to February. Colby is meeting us for a couple days in Eluthera, and my parents are coming down for a few days when we're near Nassau. Consider this an open invite to all of our friends to come visit us whenever you want!

I hope you all enjoyed a safe and happy New Year. I'll update again when we are able to leave.



Comments
Vessel Name: Amelie
Vessel Make/Model: 2004 Prout Catamaran
Hailing Port: Jackson, WY
Crew: Jeff Miller, Tracy Weber, Bailey Weber, and Zack the dog
About: Jeff is the only one of us with real sailing experience. I did take some lessons when we moved on to the boat, but really I'm a beginner. Bailey of course is only 5 so her main duty is to entertain, and Zack is our resident snuggle puppy.
Extra: We set out with the goal of being able to sail for 3 to 5 years. Of course that depends on expenses, etc. We are home schooling Bailey with Calvert while we're underway and just trying to take life day by day.

Adventures on Amelie

Who: Jeff Miller, Tracy Weber, Bailey Weber, and Zack the dog
Port: Jackson, WY