The Voyage of Anam Caraid

29 September 2011
22 September 2011
21 September 2011 | Pultneyville, NY
21 September 2011
20 September 2011 | Prince Edward County
19 September 2011 | Picton Ontario
18 September 2011 | Picton, Ontario
17 September 2011 | Waupoos
16 September 2011 | Waupoos
15 September 2011
12 September 2011
11 September 2011
10 September 2011 | Whitby, Ontario
09 September 2011 | Hanlan's Point, Toronto Island
19 August 2011 | Hamilton, Ontario
19 August 2011 | Lake Ontario heading to Hamilton

Picton by land

19 September 2011 | Picton Ontario
Today seemed like a good day to vegetate. By that I mean Michele wanted to go shopping (and I don't mean groceries). Picton has some really nice older houses. We came across some beautiful samples of old country homes. Life here does seem slower and friendlier. It reminds me of the small town we met in so many years ago (1976). That town (Harriston) like Picton was basically closed on Mondays. Picton had some rebels that opened so Michele was happy. Now we are the proud new owners of a doormat (you need that on a boat?) and some new baking pans (which I was completely in favour of since it means breads and pies). When you are in boat mode everything takes a long time. Believe it or not we managed to make almost a complete day of wandering up Main street and back. There was, of course, a few hours left in the day to socialize with some of Prince Edward Yacht Clubs finest members (and locally brewed mother's milk). During our shopping trip we did actually find Jiffy Pop (boat popcorn) so we are set for movie watching on the next rainy night! Tomorrow we leave Picton. We haven't decided which direction we will be heading. We can either work our way through the Bay of Quinte to the Murray Canal and then to Cobourg or we can go back out past Waupoos and head to the US side of the lake and work our way along the US shore. Decisions like this can wait until tomorrow.
Comments
Vessel Name: Anam Caraid
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 36 (1987)
Hailing Port: Etobicoke, Ontario (EYC)
Crew: Michele and Bruce
About: Together 38 years and sailing for the last 15 whenever we could keeps life entertaining. Bruce loves to sail and race.... Michele loves to relax in the sun and sail to new locations (especially if there is a winery within walking distance!
Anam Caraid's Photos - Main
17 Photos
Created 2 October 2011
The trip to Prinyer's cove.
24 Photos
Created 20 September 2011
The trip to Picton and the sites around it.
11 Photos
Created 19 September 2011
After a freezing overnight sail we arrived in Waupoos where we spent 3 days
26 Photos
Created 18 September 2011
Time to go back and prepare for a week of parties before heading out again.
3 Photos
Created 17 September 2011
Still week one
5 Photos
Created 17 September 2011
Retirement starts with the first act (if you don't count getting "retired" as the first act)
4 Photos
Created 17 September 2011
First stop on on the big retirement cruise
13 Photos
Created 17 September 2011