The Voyage of Anam Caraid

29 September 2011
22 September 2011
21 September 2011 | Pultneyville, NY
21 September 2011
20 September 2011 | Prince Edward County
19 September 2011 | Picton Ontario
18 September 2011 | Picton, Ontario
17 September 2011 | Waupoos
16 September 2011 | Waupoos
15 September 2011
12 September 2011
11 September 2011
10 September 2011 | Whitby, Ontario
09 September 2011 | Hanlan's Point, Toronto Island
19 August 2011 | Hamilton, Ontario
19 August 2011 | Lake Ontario heading to Hamilton

Back home to QCYC

29 September 2011
The part isn't going to be here until October 3rd so we might as well go home. We waited for a few days waiting for the right wind to sail across the lake. Today is supposed to be great so off we go. It's 9:00am and the sails are up and we're off. Almost immediately the wind gets stronger then it is supposed to but the wind direction is good so all it means is we will go faster than we expected. Since it's a trip home faster is better. It's the end of the cruise so no matter how good the sail is I really just want it to be done. I'm too focused now on fixing the problems with the boat. We arrive back at QCYC about 4:00pm and spend the next few hours putting the boat back in "floating cottage" mode and chatting to friends about the trip. Now it's just a matter of getting the sails off and the mast down. The boats all get hauled out in two weeks. We'll actually stay until the end of October and live on the boat while it's up in the cradle. The weather is still good at that time of year and it will be a great opportunity to get some of the spring jobs done ahead of time. Oh.... the part I had been waiting for that wasn't supposed to arrive until October 3rd actually arrived three hours after we left.
So it's back to reality. Fix the boat and do what I can to get ahead of the repair list and of course time to find somebody that needs my particular talent and has a modest budget to cover having me deal with their issues.
Comments
Vessel Name: Anam Caraid
Vessel Make/Model: Bayfield 36 (1987)
Hailing Port: Etobicoke, Ontario (EYC)
Crew: Michele and Bruce
About: Together 38 years and sailing for the last 15 whenever we could keeps life entertaining. Bruce loves to sail and race.... Michele loves to relax in the sun and sail to new locations (especially if there is a winery within walking distance!
Anam Caraid's Photos - Main
17 Photos
Created 2 October 2011
The trip to Prinyer's cove.
24 Photos
Created 20 September 2011
The trip to Picton and the sites around it.
11 Photos
Created 19 September 2011
After a freezing overnight sail we arrived in Waupoos where we spent 3 days
26 Photos
Created 18 September 2011
Time to go back and prepare for a week of parties before heading out again.
3 Photos
Created 17 September 2011
Still week one
5 Photos
Created 17 September 2011
Retirement starts with the first act (if you don't count getting "retired" as the first act)
4 Photos
Created 17 September 2011
First stop on on the big retirement cruise
13 Photos
Created 17 September 2011