17 May 2014
16 August 2012
14 August 2012 | HOME
28 July 2012
17 July 2012 | Ocracoke, NC
03 July 2012 | Beaufort, NC
13 June 2012 | Fernandina Beach, Florida
27 May 2012 | Man-O-War Cay, Abacos
20 May 2012 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
28 April 2012 | George Town, Exuma
10 April 2012 | Black Point, Exumas
31 March 2012 | George Town, Exuma
28 February 2012 | Jumentos Cays & Ragged Islands
13 February 2012 | Long Island, Bahamas
12 February 2012 | The Marina at Emerald Bay, Exumasb
26 January 2012 | Exumas, Bahamas
17 January 2012 | Bahamas!
14 January 2012 | Warderick Wells, Bahamas

An Activity Update

06 April 2010 | Governor's Harbor, Eleuthera
by Jen
First of all, please do not worry. We know not to be this close to the bow of a 900'+ cruise ship unless like this one, it is at anchor.

Back in March my parents came for a weeklong visit to George Town. Maxwell and I hitch hiked to the airport to pick them up and then we shared a taxi back together. We would have hitch hiked back with them except for their lead weighted bags. I should not poke fun because a lot of what they packed were goodies for us. One thing being a new water pump for our Perkins diesel nestled along side a huge bag of chocolates and two bottles of Texas Pete, among other things.

We enjoyed an action packed week, full of snorkeling, boating swimming, exploring, shelling and eating great food. My Dad picked up a huge grouper fillet and an even bigger lobster tail. We ate well, very well. They chose to stay somewhere on land and not on Anastasia and it proved to be a great decision. Their cottage was great! It was located on Stocking Island at Kevalli House. Beautiful setting with perfect amenities. It was not like a hotel or resort dropped into the middle of a bunch of palm trees like most tourists have come to expect. The cottage was simple but still met all of their needs. We seemed to congregate there every night for dinner and cocktails. The evening sunset was visible from the rooftop gazebo, all to us. I highly recommend their place to anyone visiting George Town.

We love having visitors, as it is a chance to share a glimpse into our style of living. Now that both sets of our parents have come to visit, we hope they see why we have chosen this path.

Once they headed back to Virginia, it took us a whole day to recuperate. We are not used to going, going, going all day long and needed a day of laziness to get back to normal. Once that was out of the way we set off for Conception Island. Along the way, as you may have seen, we caught a huge mahi mahi. It was a beautiful fish. Once anchored on the Eastern side of Conception we feasted on fresh fish steaks and took in the amazing view. It is such a beautiful place right on the edge of the ocean. On the second day the few boats anchored nearby headed out and we found ourselves alone in paradise. What a treat. Nothing around but sun, sand and crystal clear water. How relaxing!

From Conception Island we joined a flotilla bound for Cat Island. We anchored along side new friends aboard Seaveyor, Bees Knees and also other folks we met in Florida, Blue Blazes. Later that night we enjoyed cocktails and appetizers on Seaveyor and chatted until long after sunset.

From Cat Island we pushed Northeast to Little San Salvador where the cruise ships anchor and offload thousands of people to enjoy a beachside oasis. We only stayed for the night and pushed again the next morning for Eleuthera. That night we anchored in the Rock Sound Harbor where they were celebrating the island's Homecoming. These folks know how to party. They had drink vendors and food vendors and people dancing in the street. It was a great time! Every night they blasted music into the wee hours of the morning. I finally had to use earplugs as we were only about ½ mile away from the festival grounds. The last night we were there at around midnight I was ripped awake by a loud boom! Even through my earplugs! It was fireworks! And quite an impressive show I have to say! We climbed out of bed and into the cockpit to watch from our front row seats. We were so close that I could feel the booming blasts in my chest. It was a great sendoff and the next morning we were underway once more heading North to Governor's Harbor, where we are now.

Governor's Harbor is a gem of a town. The harbor is a small-protected cove lined with a crescent shaped beach where we land the dinghy. We have found free internet from the boat, which is always a plus! There is free water, a great grocery store and a nice liquor store with a great selection. I think we will stay here for a few more days. The locals are so nice here as we have found throughout the whole of the Bahamas.

I have been updating the SmugMug page a lot recently and have even gotten some video up. Check out the 2010 section.

Thanks to all of our friends who always comment on each blog entry. It is nice to know that there is someone out there reading about our crazy lives.
Comments
Vessel Name: Anastasia
Vessel Make/Model: 1982 Baba Ta Shing 35' (Flying Dutchman Hull #51)
Hailing Port: Gloucester, VA
Crew: Maxwell & Jen
Social:

Team Anastasia

Who: Maxwell & Jen
Port: Gloucester, VA
Sailing Anastasia

Promote Your Page Too
Submit your blog