17 May 2014
16 August 2012
14 August 2012 | HOME
28 July 2012
17 July 2012 | Ocracoke, NC
03 July 2012 | Beaufort, NC
13 June 2012 | Fernandina Beach, Florida
27 May 2012 | Man-O-War Cay, Abacos
20 May 2012 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
28 April 2012 | George Town, Exuma
10 April 2012 | Black Point, Exumas
31 March 2012 | George Town, Exuma
28 February 2012 | Jumentos Cays & Ragged Islands
13 February 2012 | Long Island, Bahamas
12 February 2012 | The Marina at Emerald Bay, Exumasb
26 January 2012 | Exumas, Bahamas
17 January 2012 | Bahamas!
14 January 2012 | Warderick Wells, Bahamas

A week of ownership!

16 February 2009 | Gloucester, VA
Maxwell
Hello and welcome friends, fam, and appreciated guests. It's Maxwell and I'm christening my first blog entry. Thanks to all of you who have come by in the last week to be introduced to Anastasia. It has been a very busy week to say the least...I still feel like my head is spinning. It's hard to believe that only a week ago we signed on the dotted line and took possession. Jen and I have counted it up, and we have made three car loads (Volvo station wagon) and two truck loads (Isuzu p/u) full of STUFF!
I say stuff but in a very good way. The picture above says it all. We are currently storing things in our dining room and outdoor shed. Anastasia came chock-a-block full of goodies and it's hard to organize when you don't even know what you have. So the plan is to do a full inventory and check things for expiration dates/recert. dates and see what is in need of replacement/repair. Also it's very difficult to gain access into lockers when they're full.

We have started to write the dreaded list of things that need to be done. But for now its only the immediate issues that must be addressed while on the hard (while on land). For starters Anastasia has eleven through hull fittings. With seven below the waterline and four above with damage control seacocks. Of the eleven total seacocks, ΒΌ are seized open...VERY BAD!!! All seacocks will be dissembled for cleaning and re-lubrication. After that taking care of some bottom work, changing the paint scheme and new name lettering, installation of a keel cooler for future refrigeration, and a few more minor tasks.

So thats it for now. Please check back soon.
Comments
Vessel Name: Anastasia
Vessel Make/Model: 1982 Baba Ta Shing 35' (Flying Dutchman Hull #51)
Hailing Port: Gloucester, VA
Crew: Maxwell & Jen
Social:

Team Anastasia

Who: Maxwell & Jen
Port: Gloucester, VA
Sailing Anastasia

Promote Your Page Too
Submit your blog