17 May 2014
16 August 2012
14 August 2012 | HOME
28 July 2012
17 July 2012 | Ocracoke, NC
03 July 2012 | Beaufort, NC
13 June 2012 | Fernandina Beach, Florida
27 May 2012 | Man-O-War Cay, Abacos
20 May 2012 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
28 April 2012 | George Town, Exuma
10 April 2012 | Black Point, Exumas
31 March 2012 | George Town, Exuma
28 February 2012 | Jumentos Cays & Ragged Islands
13 February 2012 | Long Island, Bahamas
12 February 2012 | The Marina at Emerald Bay, Exumasb
26 January 2012 | Exumas, Bahamas
17 January 2012 | Bahamas!
14 January 2012 | Warderick Wells, Bahamas

Two fun filled days of seacocks!

19 February 2009
Maxwell
Yesterday was a cold, rainy, windy day in Poquoson on board Anastasia. The temperature was in the low 40's and blowing 20 knots with gusts 25-30. Add a constant drizzle in there and you get the picture. So do I even need to say we spent the day below.



We got a good start on dissembling, cleaning and re-lubricating seacocks. They all are the older style made from solid bronze with a tapered valve. The disassembly process was rather easy, just time consuming. Jen and I got into a groove, I would dissemble the valve, hand it over to her for soaking and cleaning in kerosene, when it was clean I would give it a good coating of grease and re-assemble. It actually was a lot of fun and educational for us both.

Today the weather was a lot nicer. We finished the four remaining seacocks and had time to get started on removing the old lettering from the quarter with a heat gun. Tomorrow, weather dependent, we plan to wash and buff the hull in preparation for painting the name. Jen is adamant for a hand painted name instead of vinyl stickers. My wife has a BFA in design and is a great artist. Her hand painted lettering was incredible on "Second Wind" and I can't wait to see her put her mark on Anastasia.

So it's back to work tomorrow. We'll let you know what progress we have made. Also we have posted some photos so go check them out. Hope everyone is well.
Comments
Vessel Name: Anastasia
Vessel Make/Model: 1982 Baba Ta Shing 35' (Flying Dutchman Hull #51)
Hailing Port: Gloucester, VA
Crew: Maxwell & Jen
Social:

Team Anastasia

Who: Maxwell & Jen
Port: Gloucester, VA
Sailing Anastasia

Promote Your Page Too
Submit your blog