17 May 2014
16 August 2012
14 August 2012 | HOME
28 July 2012
17 July 2012 | Ocracoke, NC
03 July 2012 | Beaufort, NC
13 June 2012 | Fernandina Beach, Florida
27 May 2012 | Man-O-War Cay, Abacos
20 May 2012 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
28 April 2012 | George Town, Exuma
10 April 2012 | Black Point, Exumas
31 March 2012 | George Town, Exuma
28 February 2012 | Jumentos Cays & Ragged Islands
13 February 2012 | Long Island, Bahamas
12 February 2012 | The Marina at Emerald Bay, Exumasb
26 January 2012 | Exumas, Bahamas
17 January 2012 | Bahamas!
14 January 2012 | Warderick Wells, Bahamas

A week in review!

27 February 2009
Maxwell
Well it has been a very, very busy week working on the good ship Anastasia. The first part of the week was cold and windy but yesterday the high was 64 and wonderful. The week started Monday morning with a visit to Trans Atlantic Diesel to purchase a new mixing elbow for the exhaust system. We thought no sweat, we'll just show up, show them the elbow and they'll retrieve a new one from there vast inventory of parts. That was when our smiles turned to frowns. Marcus the incredibly gracious owner informed us the mixing elbow had been fabricated, and on-top of that incorrectly. So with advice from Marcus and Randy, one of the diesel re-builders, we were off to redesign an exhaust system.

So the better part of Monday was spent online doing research, and taking measurements of our engine compartment to formulate a design. Tuesday it was buying parts online and at various stores around town. We have everything we need with the exception of a new Vernalift muffler which should be here soon. So hopefully this time next week we will have a new and improved exhaust system.

Wednesday and yesterday were spent outside enjoying the warmer weather. As you can see from the lead photo Anastasia is getting a "nose" job. The bowsprit is showing signs of minor de-lamination and is in desperate need of a good varnishing.





So in order to make proper repairs some out patient surgery is needed. This process so far has involved removal of the whiskerstays, bobstay, forestay/Harken roller furling and bowsprit platform. If we can get a good stretch of warm dry weather we can begin the actual repairs with West Systems and lots of Epifanes. We have gotten a great start on stripping and sanding the beautiful wood on Anastasia's side trim.



And finally today we continued our progress with some self maintenance. We made a visit to our now favorite doctor, Dr. Greer. The purpose of the visit for us both was to discuss needed immunizations, and for me a much over due physical in preparation for cruising.

So that's it for now, hope everyone is well, talk to you soon.
Comments
Vessel Name: Anastasia
Vessel Make/Model: 1982 Baba Ta Shing 35' (Flying Dutchman Hull #51)
Hailing Port: Gloucester, VA
Crew: Maxwell & Jen
Social:

Team Anastasia

Who: Maxwell & Jen
Port: Gloucester, VA
Sailing Anastasia

Promote Your Page Too
Submit your blog