17 May 2014
16 August 2012
14 August 2012 | HOME
28 July 2012
17 July 2012 | Ocracoke, NC
03 July 2012 | Beaufort, NC
13 June 2012 | Fernandina Beach, Florida
27 May 2012 | Man-O-War Cay, Abacos
20 May 2012 | Marsh Harbour, Abaco
28 April 2012 | George Town, Exuma
10 April 2012 | Black Point, Exumas
31 March 2012 | George Town, Exuma
28 February 2012 | Jumentos Cays & Ragged Islands
13 February 2012 | Long Island, Bahamas
12 February 2012 | The Marina at Emerald Bay, Exumasb
26 January 2012 | Exumas, Bahamas
17 January 2012 | Bahamas!
14 January 2012 | Warderick Wells, Bahamas

Our first sailing trip on Anastasia

27 May 2009 | Chesapeake Bay
Jen
We finally had the chance to take Anastasia out and raise the sails!! We headed out of Deltaville Marina about 10am on Monday, Memorial Day. There was a slight breeze of 8-12 knots and drizzly rain. But, we did not let that get us down! Once out into the bay we raised the mainsail. Pleasantly pleased with how well it glided up the track. Then it was time to hank on the staysail. And then we unfurled the jib. It was beautiful!!

The fall was the last time that Maxwell and I have sailed, which seems forever ago! But it was great! Anastasia is gorgeous with her sails filled with air. Even if it is raining slightly!

We had been a little worried about how she would handle in the light air of the Chesapeake Bay but again we were pleasantly surprised! With only 8-9 knots of wind we were sailing along at 5 knots!! As the day went on the sky cleared up and we made it to our quiet anchorage in the Indian Creek of Kilmarnock.

Day two brought much more wind and Anastasia again was quite impressive. We were seeing 18-20 knots with gusts up to 25 knots. The seas began to build with a short dominance. It was funny because it was like she was trying to show us all of her tricks on this one overnight trip. Day one had us leisurely coasting through the bay and day two had us much more, I would say, alert. But she did great and further proved that we have much in store for sailing experiences at her helm.
Comments
Vessel Name: Anastasia
Vessel Make/Model: 1982 Baba Ta Shing 35' (Flying Dutchman Hull #51)
Hailing Port: Gloucester, VA
Crew: Maxwell & Jen
Social:

Team Anastasia

Who: Maxwell & Jen
Port: Gloucester, VA
Sailing Anastasia

Promote Your Page Too
Submit your blog