Andreatsea

The key to happiness is having dream, the key to success is making dreams come true some people want it to happen, some wish it to happen others make it happen... The best laid plan are the plan that we can change...

Getting in the groove of offshore passage making

27 October 2009 | 32 05N 78 45W
Sun is up and seas relatively calm. Motor-sailed a fair amount today and took time to catch up on small items that needed repair. The biggest one that can't be fix is the starboard engine, which is running poorly again. Diagnosed might be the injection pump, which is a bummer to loose that engine when possibly motoring into the wind. It can only run at 1000 RPM, which doesn't do much heading in the wind. Normally we would motor sail in the wind and can do 7-8 knots but dead into the wind 5 knots will be the best that can be done. Mind you, many sailors would love to be going 5 knots but it is a bit slow for this boat. Who knows, it might be the result of the fuel problem we had coming up from St-Martin. Some contamination may have got through to the injector pump? Oh well, one more item for the to do list in Fort Lauderdale.

On the good side, sail cover, refrigerator door, lifeline, new preventer and several other things, the calm weather allowed to fix, were address. The guys are helping with some switches that needed to be replaced on the furler and traveler. So all in all a number of items got off the to do list.

Diner tonight pasta with the left over tenderloin, does this sound familiar? With a Ceasar salad and homemade bread maybe? Clearly the guys' appetites are good now. So that's a plus. And everyone helps out as best they can. They are getting into the groove of offshore passage making which usually takes about two days for someone to get into it. Then a routine sets in, with a bit of excitement thrown in for good measure, and everyone seems to be content.
Comments
Vessel Name: Sete Mares
Vessel Make/Model: Yapluka 60' - Catamaran
Hailing Port: British Virgin Island
Crew: John and Marie-Andrée
About: John hold a 200 tons Yacht Master and Marie-Andrée retired as a Senior Marine Safety Inspector option Naval Architecture. We both are experience avid racers and sailor _/) ~~~~~~~
Extra:
Tide and Time wait for no man... The essense of responsability Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm But in stormy waters it takes strength, commitment and responsability to stay the course. We cannot adjust the winds, but we can always adjust our sails when it comes our turn to hold the [...]

About the crew...

Who: John and Marie-Andrée
Port: British Virgin Island