S/V Puddle Pirate goes cruising

Ankley's family adventure, cruising with kids.

30 January 2016 | Mushroom Rock
12 January 2016 | San Carlos
29 January 2015 | La Cruz
21 December 2014 | San Diego
22 October 2014 | San Diego
12 June 2014 | Washington
04 May 2014 | 150 miles off the Island of Guadalupe
15 April 2014 | Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
08 April 2014 | La Paz
10 March 2014 | La Cruz
09 February 2014 | La Cruz
26 January 2014 | La Paz
03 January 2014 | San Carlos, Mexico
21 December 2013 | San Carlos, Mexico
09 September 2013 | Everett
03 July 2013 | Everett
10 June 2013 | Washington, USA
16 May 2013 | Santa Rosalia
29 April 2013 | Island Coranodo's
22 April 2013 | Puerto Escondido

Wrapping up our Summer in PNW

09 September 2013 | Everett
Tamberlyn
Summer is over in the Pacific North West and so the rains have started. While we were here we shared some good times with our family and friends, along with some good moments there were not so good moments. But such is life; you enjoy the good and experience some not so well. Lew's surgery went well and he is on the mend. He healed up just in time to attend the PNW Cruiser Party for Cruising Out Post.

The party was a blast as all ways. We stayed on the Lotus; it is an old cruise boat that was used for hunting trips to Alaska back in the early 1900's. Our good friends Dan and Kelly enjoyed one night accommodations on the beautifully restored old ship. We were both attending the party without our boats, being our boats were in Mexico waiting for our return home.

Eric Stone played his music for this year's party and this made it feel just like old times. He has all ways preformed for the PNW Latitudes and Attitude Parties in the past, so it was good to have him perform for the newly founded Cruising Outpost. Bob Bitchen and Jody were in attendance at the party as well. It is always nice to hear Bob's cruising stories of his sailing adventures on the Lost Soul, and Jody is a delight and a joy to visit with as well. She has a good heart and she is the perfect balance to Bob's salty attitude.

Gabby on the other hand is having some difficultly processing the stress and grief from the past 2 months. She wanted to attend a care facility in Reno Nevada. She has settled in and is getting the help she needs. I miss her but I know this is what she wants and needs. While in Nevada she is attending high school. She tells me her new friends are showing her the ropes of school. As a home school student she tested and was placed right at grade level for her age. This makes me feel great. I now know my curriculum was right on the money for her educational needs.

As the summer drawls to an end and our PNW weather starts chilling out, we make our plans to head back to Puddle Pirate. We would like to make our trek back in October. Gabby will be missed but I know where she is staying in Nevada will be a better fit for her needs. She requested to attend school and get better emotionally before returning to us on Puddle Pirate. Rosie has been enjoying being the center of attention now that she is our only child still living at home with us.

Yes a lot has happened over this summer and with it our family has grown even stronger and closer. Fernando calls more with updates about his time away at boarding school. And we all pray for Gabby's safe return to us really soon. Rosie looks forward to returning to Mexico. She misses her friends and swimming every day in the tropical warm waters. The adversity we have been through this summer has made us stronger. We are a tough family and as cruisers this is a good asset to have. We like to think this ordeal is more like an adventure one has to experience in order to navigate through life. It makes us stronger and more appreciative of God's gifts around us.
Comments
Vessel Name: Puddle Pirate
Vessel Make/Model: 44 ft. Gulfstar ketch
Hailing Port: Hidden Harbor, WA
Crew: Lew, Tamberlyn andAubryanna Rose
About: Lew and Tamberlyn lived in Tulalip, WA with their 3 youngest kids. Lew retired from Boeing in June 2011, then we cut the dock lines for good and went cruising full time. Their oldest daughter Crystal and son Fernando will keep to the land and visit in the winters.
Extra: Warm sunshine is what we seek! Oh Lew is always on a hunt for good pizza.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/directory_name/mistress2
Social:
Puddle Pirate's Photos - Count down to cruising (Main)
5 Photos
Created 29 January 2015
Banderas Bay
11 Photos
Created 9 February 2014
Puddle Pirate gets her bottom fixed and painted
5 Photos
Created 26 January 2014
Taken in Hawaii in the 80's
11 Photos
Created 16 May 2013
2013 Mexico season
9 Photos
Created 13 February 2013
12 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
12 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
5 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
13 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
55 Photos
Created 1 May 2012
42 Photos
Created 27 April 2012