Annecam

26 March 2021
20 March 2021
29 August 2019 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
23 August 2019 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
01 August 2019 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
29 July 2019 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
25 July 2019 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
11 July 2019 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
17 June 2019 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
06 June 2019 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
30 May 2019 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
23 May 2019 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
19 May 2019 | Lady Musgrave Island, Queensland, Australia.
28 February 2019 | Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
14 February 2019 | Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
22 November 2018 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
04 November 2018 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
25 October 2018 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
20 October 2018 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.
18 August 2018 | Burnett River, Burnett Heads, Queensland, Australia.

What a ride.

17 April 2017 | Iluka Bay, NSW.
Cam "H"
The last few days we have been day hoping up the New South Wales coast. Port Macquarie was a nice place to wait for a suitable weather window, we waited for the right moment, the run-in tide and headed to Coffs Harbour, getting to Coffs was a bit of an effort as we were pushing against 3 to 4 knots of current and to make us go a bit slower the wind almost dropped out to zero, even with our cast iron top sail we were only managing around 3.5 knots of speed over the ground. We were just on half an hour late, we gave Marine Rescue an eta of 2130 and we entered the harbour at 2200. Once inside Coffs Harbour we were lucky enough to pick up one of the public moorings with the help of a lovely gentleman on his catamaran called Knee Deep, he shone his torch on the free mooring so we could find it. Early the next morning we left Coffs and headed to Iluka/Yamba.
This day on the water was a lovely sunny, warm and just a nice day to be out there kind of day, we had to close haul for the entire passage and were pushing hard to get to the entrance of the Clarence River at the start of the run-in tide. Just as the sun had set and the twilight was about to give way to the night sky, Annie spotted a flare between us and the shore line, I reported the sighting to New South Wales Marine Area Command, giving them our position and the direction and the path that the flare took, I completed several radar searches without result and there was absolutely no radio traffic on the VHF and there were no AIS targets on our system at all, I received two call backs from them just as we were approaching the bar, it was dark and we had to navigate across from a different direction than the leads as the bar had shifted because of the recent floods. Just as we made it right into the middle of the entrance we had a series of breaking waves crash just off our starboard beam, we did get pushed around a couple of times but we made it into the calm waters and proceeded to anchor in almost the exact same spot we had been anchored in over Christmas.
This morning I saw the online news and there had been a meteor sighting at about the same time as the flare sighting, we will never know for sure but that would most likely be what it was.
The photo shows our track as we head north from Sydney to where we are now.
Life is not about how you survived the storm, it’s about how you danced in the rain.
Comments
Vessel Name: Annecam
Vessel Make/Model: Bavaria 46
Hailing Port: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Crew: Campbell & Annette Hair
About: Cam has had a long love for the ocean, over 40 years on and off various boats. Annie would love smooth seas and to never to see another winter.
Extra: Rig heavy, reef early, and pray often; for God does not promise us an easy passage, but He does promise a safe anchorage.
Home Page: https://my.yb.tl/annecam/map-only/
Social:
Annecam's Photos - Main
7 Photos
Created 15 November 2014
Up on the rock
17 Photos
Created 29 October 2014
The last few days cruising 2014
11 Photos
Created 29 October 2014
Greece, Italy & Sicily
41 Photos
Created 29 January 2014
Greece
96 Photos
Created 25 January 2014
Croatia, Montenegro and Greece
71 Photos
Created 13 January 2014
Annecams last month in Croatia
37 Photos
Created 12 January 2014
Floating around Croatia
25 Photos
Created 11 January 2014
On the Dalmatian coast
29 Photos
Created 5 May 2013
Back in Sukosan, Croatia
15 Photos
Created 3 April 2013
67 Photos
Created 27 September 2012
A few photos of the inside of Annecam
21 Photos
Created 19 September 2012
An amazing waterway
6 Photos
Created 17 September 2012
She sails beautifully
42 Photos
Created 17 September 2012
14 Photos
Created 16 September 2012
6 Photos
Created 16 September 2012
7 Photos
Created 16 September 2012
9 Photos
Created 16 September 2012
6 Photos
Created 16 September 2012
Day 1 Croatia
13 Photos
Created 16 September 2012
https://my.yb.tl/annecam/