Aquamarine

18 August 2009 | kafalonia, greece
07 June 2009 | 1700 miles from Marquesis
28 May 2009 | San Cristobal, Galapagos
08 May 2009 | Shelter Bay Marina
19 April 2009 | WADERICK WELLS CAY
15 April 2009 | Big Major Spot
16 March 2009 | Atholl Island, Bahamas
16 March 2009 | Nassau, Bahamas
06 March 2009 | Hurricane Hole Marina Nassau, Bahamas
16 February 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

15 April 2009 | Big Major Spot
W 10-15 kts.
Everybody seems to like things a certain way. Eggs over easy, toast slightly browned, ice or no ice in their water... On the boat we have tried to get everything working smoothly; keeping the boat safe while having everybody getting their "toast" the way they want it. Well today we learned that chocolate chip cookies are fairly new to the family.
I returned with half of the group from town to find Amy and Helene (11 year old daughter) baking chocolate chip cookies. When the cookies reached the table there was a silence for a moment, then there was a question. " Was this hard to make?"
Hi everybody. As you can see, we have not left all the comforts for a life at sea. We have been sailing the chain of bahamas called the Exumas. They chain separates the sand banks from the open sound. You can pass between some of the islands with careful navigation searching for fish in the sound or calm waters on the bank side. The chain of islands are covered with incredible beaches and wonderful coves for a quiet night.
People have been coming and going. The kids are full of activity and the youngest has finally let go of the boat to kick free in the water. Amy was the first to have her swimming free. I was so proud of her that I sketched her name in the nearby beach at our last anchorage. KATIA **
We have been working hard and getting ready for a big passage to Panama Canal at the end of April. Any possible chance we get we grab a swim or some sleep. In times when the small sailing dinghy is in the water we have taken 15 minutes to sail in the evening after the sun is down and everybody is asleep. It reminds us of walking around the block at home. Even a little voyerism takes place while we sail around the other boats..... We are thinking about you all...... Big hugs everybody.
Comments
Vessel Name: Marie-Helene
Vessel Make/Model: Privilege 65'
Hailing Port: Oostende
Crew: Shawn Griffith and Amy Griffith Redfern
About: We are a Captain and Chef/Mate team thrilled to be doing this work together out on the open water. Keep up with our adventures as we sail this lovely boat around the Caribbean and then to the southern hemisphere across the Pacific this year and beyond!

Marie Helene

Who: Shawn Griffith and Amy Griffith Redfern
Port: Oostende