S/V Aramis

Aramis is an Amel Super Maramu 2000 from Vancouver, Canada

Adios San Diego

Composed 04/11/2019 5:57 PM

Arrived into San Diego and dropped anchour at 01:30 on Monday, October 28. Spent a few nights over at the A-9 Anchourage which is a code word for noisy and bounchy. The noisy comes from the being in the middle of three airports and the bouny comes from the steady stream of boats that sent their wake over to us.

I was aloud to move over to the much nicer anchourge between the San Diego Yacht club and the Southwestern Yacht Club. Boats are only permitted here between 9:00 Friday to 11:00 Monday. Being close to Shelter Island makes it a good location for provisioning and picking up boat parts.

After a busy week in San Diego I pulled up anchour, fueled up and headed out of the San Diego harbour at noon.

The Baha Haha a large cruising rally also left San Diego today. With around 150 boats in this years Haha fleet the waters off of San Diego were a little crowded. I am hoping to avoid the crowd by heading a little further offshore. My first planned stop will be Isla Guadeloupe.

With light winds I am motoring under a half moon.

N 32 10.59
W 117 23.85

17:56 hrs PST
01:56 GMT

Comments