Archer Adventures

Onboard "Jet-Lagged"

Zdravo!

That is hello in my best Montenegrin.

Jet-Lagged has arrived in Montenegro after a hard upwind sail across the Adriatic Sea. My crazy wife managed to get Jet-Lagged going 13.9 knots upwind at 2am in the morning! Waking up to that was bit of a surprise.

We have pulled into the Bay of Kotor and thoroughly enjoyed the visit of Crystal, Joe and Gray who spent the last few days with us and who have just flown out this morning. We have enjoyed some lovely boating weather and beautiful scenery and we have also had the company of Dave and Merrydee on “Jack Pine” who we have been very pleased to catch up with too.

A delightful sail down the Adriatic coast in the company of Jack Pine took us all to the little village of Bigova, which is not ova big (ah, I crack myself up). The local restaurant there helps you pick up a mooring and then sends a boat out at dinner time to bring you in for a great meal. Very civilised.

We then headed back into the bay and visited some of the towns on its shores. One of these is Kotor, a walled city that has fortifications dating back to the 9th century. Delightful to walk around and see churches and other buildings that are over a thousand years old.

We had a visit from pod of dolphins on a glass smooth morning, enjoyed some perfect swimming weather and then right on cue had a thunderstorm to clean off the boat once we were safely in the Porto Montenegro marina.

The marina here is perhaps the nicest we have visited and is a real treat. We are tied up near “Black Pearl” which is a $250 million sailing yacht that I think is one of the largest sailing vessels in the world. Apparently it was owned by a Russian oligarch who passed away and now his family is fighting over who inherits it, and it is stuck here whilst the legal battle rages. Just goes to show, all that money and people are still not happy!

Tomorrow Jet-Lagged has her engines serviced, we will reprovision, and then we will do some more exploring of this pretty country. It is very nice to be off the Schengen clock and able to take our time to explore. Or to do nothing!

Next week we plan to head to Croatia to meet Judy who will board in Dubrovnik. That is less than half a days sailing away, so easy days!

Comments