Arctic Tern

10 September 2014 | Mars Hill, NC
30 July 2014 | Lantana to Sarasota, FL
28 June 2014 | Mars Hill, NC
09 June 2014 | Lenox,Massachusetts
24 May 2014 | Mars Hill,NC
22 May 2014 | Bradenton, Florida
04 May 2014 | Bradenton, Florida
27 April 2014 | Grand Bahama Bank in 12 feet
25 April 2014 | Nassau, Bahamas
24 April 2014 | Warderick Wells
16 April 2014 | Conception Island
03 April 2014 | Luperon
29 March 2014 | Samana, Dominica Republic
28 March 2014 | Los Haitises national Park
27 March 2014 | Haitises National Park
26 March 2014 | Los Haitises National Park, DR
25 March 2014 | Samana, Dominican Republic
24 March 2014 | Samana, Dominica Republic
06 March 2014 | Bahia Almodovar

Back in the US of A

16 July 2012 | Lenox, MA
Devi Sharp
This is not a sail blog, just a sailor’s blog. We left Trinidad two weeks ago and flew directly to Fort Lauderdale to visit my parents. It is tough to watch parents get older and become limited in what they can do. My mother is wheelchair bound and has care attendants 12 hours a day. Dad is like a Timex; he keeps on ticking (remember that commercial?). Mom’s care attendants are wonderful ladies who are kind and respectful to her and give her excellent care. Dad has not forgotten his wedding vows and spends most of each day with Mom. Dad had a list of chores for us that ranged from accessing a computer program to upholstering eight chairs with fabric that I had purchased in Trinidad. He was grateful for the help with his chores.
It feels like we have been away from the boat for more than two weeks. I am still overwhelmed by the selection of food in grocery stores and feel the luxury of long showers and unlimited ice cubes. Also, in the category of cheap luxuries is the ability to open the refrigerator door and look on shelves and see the stock of food. The efficient refrigerator that most of us have on sailboats is a chest type box that you have to hang over and reach into to obtain the food. There is no “shopping” in the fridge. The other luxury, yes this is a big luxury for us, is high speed internet.
We are enjoying bike riding in the hilly terrain of the Berkshire Mountains, doing many house chores and I am hoping to catch up on a few writing projects.
This is a photo of Dad on the 4th of July.
Comments
Vessel Name: Arctic Tern
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 45
Hailing Port: Valdez, Alaska
Crew: Hunter & Devi Sharp
About: Devi's evil twin- skippy

Migration of the Arctic Tern

Who: Hunter & Devi Sharp
Port: Valdez, Alaska