Arizona Reflection

04 June 2008 | Herrington Harbor North
04 June 2008 | Fitzie's Marina Bar and grill Lendard town MD
01 June 2008 | Cobb Island
30 May 2008 | Quantico Marine Corp Base Marina
28 May 2008 | Gangplank Marina Washington D.C.
27 May 2008 | Gangplank Marina Washington D.C.
20 May 2008 | Gangplank Marina Washington D.C.
20 May 2008 | Gangplank Marina Washington D.C.
13 May 2008 | Gangplank Marina Washington D.C.
22 January 2008 | Gangplank Washington D.C.
13 January 2008 | Washington D.C. Gangpland Marina
10 January 2008 | Gangplank Washington D.C.
09 January 2008 | Washington D.C.

Day 3 Fitzie�s Marina, bar and grill Cobb Island to Solomon�s Island

04 June 2008 | Solomon's Island MD
Dave
We got up bright and early and were off at 5:00am, the weather was great NOAA said nice weather until afternoon where they said we had a 30% chance of showers. We launched perfectly and motored in glass like water until we reached the Potomac and then just after a wonderful sunrise we were blessed with good winds. We motor sailed at from 6 to 8 knots all the way out of the Potomac River at 9:00am.

Once into the Chesapeake Bay the wind was head on and the waves were around one to two feet. So the trip up the bay was great. We averaged six knots. All day long we kept sailing on the jib if the wind was good and mostly it was. The only issue I had was that we only had enough extra two stroke oil for ten gallons of gas. But we had a full tank giving us nine hours of sailing and an extra twenty gallons of gas in cans on the bow. Ten of which could be used giving us another six hours on the engine.

We arrived at the dock at around 2:00pm with no issues. The route was well marked and we used the tell Chris what the Lon and Lat are and he types them into the navigation laptop giving us our position. The Marina Solomon's Yacht Center is wonderful they have a pool a store easy to pull into slips. We filled the tank and John got enough oil for the rest of my gas, which at 5 knots would easily get us to Harrington Harbor North only 36 nautical miles from Solomon's Island. We hung out at the pool and the guys got drinks at the poolside bar, we took long hot showers.

We went to Kingfishers seafood restaurant a short walk away and had a good dinner. An afternoon thunder shower was brewing just as NOAA predicted so we sent Paul and Chris to batten down the boat while we took care of the bill. John and Jeff wanted to check out the store along the point but I wanted to avoid the storm and headed back to the boat.

After a long while John came back to the boat, followed by Jeff who had hung out at the bar for a while. We chatted about a few things and watched the rain and rainbows and laughed at the poor souls caught in the rain. I passed out very early and slept hard all night. I have not had a good night sleep like that in a very long time.
Comments
Vessel Name: Reflection
Vessel Make/Model: Performance Cruising Gemini 3400
Hailing Port: Phoenix Az
Crew: Dave, Mary, Jono, JB, Wog, Ferf