Arkaydes

14 May 2014 | Tipplers Resort, Sth Stradbroke Island
17 November 2013
03 November 2013 | Whitsusndays
26 August 2013 | Hinchinbrook to Whitsundays
04 August 2013 | Orpheus Island
27 July 2013 | Horseshoe Bay Magnetic Island
24 July 2013 | Enroute to Magnetic Island
13 July 2013 | Double Bay East
06 July 2013 | Stonehaven Beach
17 June 2013 | Stonehaven, The Whitsundays
11 June 2013 | Airlie Beach
06 June 2013 | Cid Harbour Whitsundays
24 May 2013 | Rosslyn Bay
20 May 2013 | Pancake Creek
17 May 2013 | Bundaberg
15 May 2013 | Garry's Anchorage, Great Sandy Straits
13 May 2013 | Maloolaba
13 May 2013 | Tangalooma Moreton Bay
05 May 2013 | Canaipa Passage
03 May 2013 | Tippler's Passage

Beautiful one day, perfect the next ....

06 July 2013 | Stonehaven Beach
Val Dilger
What a relief to get back to Queensland so we can forget just how bleak winter is south of the border.
We met Eve Elizabeth on our first night in Sydney, a beautiful baby, but of course her grandparents aren't biased! Over the next few days we caught up with numerous friends and the other 8 grandchildren and their parents. Rick celebrated his birthday at a lovely seafood restaurant surrounded by children and grandchildren.
The trip back to HI was lengthy to say the least. We departed Glenhaven at 0630 hours in Val's car en route to Cammeray to leave the car with Erin and Nick. The early departure was required to beat the Sydney traffic and keep our stress levels down. Then a trip by car to St Leonards rail station, train to Central and then change platforms for the train trip to the domestic airport. So far, all good. Then we struck the lengthy, very lengthy, queue to drop our 1 bag at the Jetstar bag drop off. Mission accomplished after 60 minutes of queue shuffling, we boarded our flight and then sat for 45 minutes while paperwork was completed by the crew. Finally up, up and away we arrived at HI airport for the next leg - ferry to Abel Point followed by bus trip to The Whitsunday Yacht Club and finally find a kind yachtie to get us back to Arkaydes by dinghy. Ten and a half hours, what a relief and the sun was shining and the gentle lapping water a welcome sound to 2 tired yachties.
Next day into Abel Point Marina to get the laundry organised and restock the larder and grog cabinet. The next day, a lovely sail to Cid Harbour and to try our hand at fishing, yet again. We again met up with Robyn and John on Esoterica, who we had previously met in Rosslyn Bay. Sunday, another great sail back to Airlie as we had a few financial matters to sort out. Have you ever tried to find a JP in Airlie Beach? It is very difficult, but we managed.
A few days R & R were then required in Double Bay East where we ticked off quite a few jobs from the list. We careened the boat and checked the condition of the anti foul and sail drives and were very pleased with the condition after 12 months. We should manage a few more months before we need to anti foul again.
Back to Airlie Beach on Friday morning to catch up with Georgie & Ross on Starship, who joined us for a baked dinner on Arkaydes. We had an early start on Saturday to find the best produce at the markets and again ran into the crew of Lunancy, a lovely family.
On retrieving the anchor, we were somewhat surprised at the VCR unit attached to the tip of the anchor. It was either a terrible movie or the unit an absolute cow to program! No wonder the anchor was difficult to set the day before.
We are now at Stonehaven Beach on a BIG blue mooring where we will sit out the high winds predicted for the next few days and hopefully catch a few dinners.
Comments
Vessel Name: Arkaydes
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 380 Catamaran
Hailing Port: Pittwater, New South Wales
Crew: Rick, Val and Tiger
About: Tiger has as many legs as Rick and Val combined but will not help sail the boat, he won't even stand the dog watch! He refuses point blank to help out with the Cat!

Who: Rick, Val and Tiger
Port: Pittwater, New South Wales