arrow heads south

16 October 2016 | Whitehall Bay, Annapolis, MD
11 October 2016 | Jackson Creek, Piankatank River, VA
09 October 2016 | Portsmouth, VA
05 October 2016 | Portsmouth, VA
02 October 2016 | Portsmouth, VA
29 September 2016 | Manteo, Roanoke Island, NC
28 September 2016 | Roanoke Island, NC
27 September 2016 | Little Alligator River, NC
23 September 2016 | Portsmouth, VA
22 September 2016 | Old Point Comfort, VA
21 September 2016 | Deltaville, VA
19 September 2016 | Deltaville, VA
18 September 2016 | Dymer Creek, VA
17 September 2016 | Reedville, VA
16 September 2016 | Solomons Island, MD
10 September 2016 | Baltimore, MD USA
13 May 2012 | Home port, Middle River, MD
08 May 2012 | Dymer Creek, VA
05 May 2012 | South Mills, NC
29 April 2012 | Carolina Beach, NC

Early arrival

08 April 2012 | Jacksonville Beach, FL
We spent two nights in St. Augustine on a mooring - the first night was quiet, but the second was windy and bouncy. We did go ashore twice to walk around and get something to eat, but we have been here recently so we did not spend a lot of time doing tourist things.

Yesterday morning we left the mooring, intending to make the short trip (15 miles) to an anchorage at Pine Island. We were bucking a stiff NE breeze, and a stiff current until we got past the inlet. Then the current was in our favor for the rest of the day.

We did anchor at Pine Island, but the strong current was bucking the strengthening wind and our anchor chain was here, there, and sometimes leading under the boat, as we moved around. After watching this for a while, we decided that we didn't want to deal with any problems in the middle of the night in this tight anchorage space as the current changed and the wind changed. So we fired up the diesel and came north another 15 miles or so to arrive a day earlier than planned at the Jacksonville Beach marina where we will be keeping the boat while we fly to CA.

We had dinner at a nice restaurant next door last night, and tomorrow we are picking up a rental car to use for provisioning and to take to the airport. This is also maintenance time, and so far the Captain has changed the diesel oil and filter and both fuel filters. In short, we are getting ready for the last 1000 miles of our trip.
Vessel Name: arrow
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 343
Hailing Port: Baltimore, MD
Crew: Jack and Terry
Extra: Me and my arrow. Straighter than narrow. Wherever we go, every one knows. It's me and my arrow. Me and my arrow. Taking the high road. Wherever we go, everyone knows. It's me and my arrow. (Harry Nilsson)

s/v arrow

Who: Jack and Terry
Port: Baltimore, MD