arrow heads south

16 October 2016 | Whitehall Bay, Annapolis, MD
11 October 2016 | Jackson Creek, Piankatank River, VA
09 October 2016 | Portsmouth, VA
05 October 2016 | Portsmouth, VA
02 October 2016 | Portsmouth, VA
29 September 2016 | Manteo, Roanoke Island, NC
28 September 2016 | Roanoke Island, NC
27 September 2016 | Little Alligator River, NC
23 September 2016 | Portsmouth, VA
22 September 2016 | Old Point Comfort, VA
21 September 2016 | Deltaville, VA
19 September 2016 | Deltaville, VA
18 September 2016 | Dymer Creek, VA
17 September 2016 | Reedville, VA
16 September 2016 | Solomons Island, MD
10 September 2016 | Baltimore, MD USA
13 May 2012 | Home port, Middle River, MD
08 May 2012 | Dymer Creek, VA
05 May 2012 | South Mills, NC
29 April 2012 | Carolina Beach, NC

Some south'ing made

27 September 2016 | Little Alligator River, NC
Yesterday we gave up on the Dismal Swamp, and got on the Virginia Cut route of the ICW. Apparently the swamp is draining slowly, and there may be damage to the lock gate mechanisms. Anyway, we got to Coinjock, NC, about 37 nm from where we had anchored near the Dismal Lock. At Coinjock there is a 1200 ft dock along the waterway to tie up to and a restaurant that serves huge fried seafood dishes. Just what we needed. But the place is basically unpleasant because of the mammoth powerboats that stop there on their return to FL, presumably from Newport, or the Hamptons. I hope that after dinner they all discovered that they forgot their Tums. We have ours aboard.

The Little Alligator River is at the mouth of the Alligator River, on the south shore of Albemarle Sound. It is not a very snug anchorage, but it should be a quiet night. Well... the Admiral is concerned about rumors of alligators climbing aboard anchored boats. Not to worry, however, as the Captain has loaded the flare pistol and is ready to light up any visitors.

Tomorrow we will head over to Roanoke Island and take a slip at the town of Manteo. This is not far, and we have wanted to visit the place for some time. We plan to stay for two nights, and should be able to provide a post or two with pictures, especially if we find a colony.
Vessel Name: arrow
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 343
Hailing Port: Baltimore, MD
Crew: Jack and Terry
Extra: Me and my arrow. Straighter than narrow. Wherever we go, every one knows. It's me and my arrow. Me and my arrow. Taking the high road. Wherever we go, everyone knows. It's me and my arrow. (Harry Nilsson)

s/v arrow

Who: Jack and Terry
Port: Baltimore, MD