Audrey Mae

Vessel Name: Audrey Mae
Vessel Make/Model: 1986 Crealock37
Hailing Port: Lexington, Kentucky
17 November 2013
15 November 2013
12 November 2013
11 November 2013
10 November 2013
09 November 2013
08 November 2013
07 November 2013
06 November 2013
05 November 2013
04 November 2013
03 November 2013
02 November 2013
01 November 2013 | Kentucky Dam Marina
01 November 2013
Recent Blog Posts
17 November 2013

Saturday Day 15

They made it!!! Finally reached their destination at Dog Creek Marina near Mobile Alabama at Dolphins Island round 10:00 this morning! Jeff drove Phil to airport in New Orleans and he is on his way home. Jeff will stay for few days to tie up all loose ends. No ATT service there so we can FaceTime and call via wifi barely doesn't work well we are finding.

15 November 2013

Days 12,13 and14

Haven't had much contact last few days due to lack of ATT cell coverage. They have made their way down the Black Warrior River pretty smoothly , went through last locks at coffeville yesterday. Weather has been ok warmer 60's. They are anchored a few miles north of the Bay and if all goes well will reach Dog Creek Marina tomorrow Saturday 11-16 sometime in the afternoon!!!!!!

12 November 2013

Tuesday Day 11

Woke up to a chilly morning in Dompolis Marina, an even chillier forecast! Apparently the Arctic storm that brought us our first snow here at home is dipping as far south as Alabama! Calling for below freezing temps tonight and 30 mph winds! So the decision was made to stay put in the marina another day. Morale seems to be low as a result, these boys are ready to get home! I'm all for that as well! But at least 4 more days providing all goes well. Phil planning to fly home on Sunday. Jeff will stay a few days longer to get things in order before coming home. So another trip to Walmart and out for dinner was in order. They do have wifi so we were able to FaceTime several times today. Especially nice today because the grandkids were here and got to see papaw! So keep warm tonight guys, batton down the hatches and hunker down for the night !!!

11 November 2013

Monday Day 10

Well the anchors held last night. Jeff stayed up all night and as the AIS alerted them of a tug coming down the river, Jeff would hail them to make sure they could see them and their location! The boys left early this morning, 06:45. Turned into a beautiful day, warm-78, sunny windy. No locks today so they arrived in Domopolis earlier than they expected, around 12:30. So they did some housekeeping chores! Jeff did laundry and Phil took the courtesy car to Walmart to get groceries. They filled up with diesel and topped off the fresh water tank. They are in a transient slip at Domopolis Yacht Basin Marina. Dinner out tonight at the marina restaurant-bangbang shrimp, oysters and catfish, delicious!

10 November 2013

Sunday Day 9

On the way this morning at 06:45, hoping to get a lot of miles behind them today. Locked in at Bevell lock and Dam but again had to wait on a tug for awhile. A very pretty day, hot and sunny, temp about 80. Went through the Heflin locks in the afternoon and there was a beautiful anchorage just beyond the locks but was to early in the day to stop! Ended up anchoring along the TennTom off to the edge not ideal in the current but took the dingy to shore a tied up thereto a tree and also had set two anchors. Using their AIS to alarm them if a tug comes through, so they can make sure they stay anchored. May be a long night. They are about 40 miles north of Demopolis. Polishing off the soup beans tonight. Plan to make Demopolis tomorrow, stock up on fresh fruit and veggies, wash some laundry, get fuel and spend the night.

09 November 2013

Saturday Day 8

Left Aberdeen Marina at 07:45, cloudy windy low 50's, locked in at Aberdeen locks at 08:00.waited there 45 minutes for a tug to get in locks. Then motored from there for 8 1/2 hours of chilly weather, another uneventful day YEA! Except they are finally in Alabama! Brown beans in the pressure cooker and biscuits in the oven! Anchored near Aliceville Alabama at 04:30pm at mile 309. Plan for tonight watch Alabama football game.

Saturday Day 15

17 November 2013
They made it!!! Finally reached their destination at Dog Creek Marina near Mobile Alabama at Dolphins Island round 10:00 this morning! Jeff drove Phil to airport in New Orleans and he is on his way home. Jeff will stay for few days to tie up all loose ends. No ATT service there so we can FaceTime and call via wifi barely doesn't work well we are finding.
Comments

About & Links