Fixing Your Boat In Far Flung Places

Aurora Of Polruan

02 June 2019 | Fethyie
02 June 2019 | Yacht Classic Fethyie
19 May 2019 | Gulf Of Kekova
14 May 2019 | Castle Island Gokova Gulf
13 May 2019 | Akbuk Gokova Korfezi
07 May 2019 | Bozburun
01 October 2018 | Symi
18 September 2018 | Dodecanese
26 June 2018 | Gocek
08 June 2018
01 June 2018 | Kekova
01 June 2018 | Kas
30 May 2018 | Kalkan
30 May 2018
11 October 2017 | Ciftlik , Turkey
09 October 2017 | Pedi , Symi island
02 October 2017 | Nisiros Greece

Mermaid

13 May 2017 | Gocek bay, Turkey
30 degrees and pleasant
Having decided to leave Kapi Creek, draggng Dorothy from the sunbed on the pontoon, fingers clinging to the sunbed rail, we attempted to move off. There was a 15 knot wind blowing on the beam, and being only 2 of us on board, were unable to excecute my rubbish plan quickly enough. This resulted in us becoming very well acquainted with our posh neighbours mentioned in my last blog. Cries of "oh i say" as the wind pushed us in the direction of the their boat....you see, the problem is that there are lots of lines underwater attached to 1. bits of concrete 2. other boats.....so you need to be careful when you use your boat power else lines get wrapped round propellor and / or chopped..this outcome is prone to turn the owner of said lines into a molten pot of angryness....so...a few more "oh i says" from our neighbours as skipper repositioned Aurora into a position to use the power and we were off...to the obvious relief of Mehmet (owner of lines) posh people (owner of boat).
Heading out , we had a serious attack of the "cant be bothereds"... so..another board meeting and we decided to find ourselves a spot for the day and night well away from everyone else. We found just the spot in "pillar bay" where we located a sole mooring buoy alongside a small inlet. The wind dropped to nothing and we spent a heavenly day swimming and reading , discussing world politics , philosophy and shakespeare...or maybe not. We had a visit from the Gocek bay version of the "lucky lucky man" in his little boat who sold us some baklava...a savoury tasty and an aubergine which went into the extravaganza which was supper. We ate as the sun dipped below the hills, sea flat calm, and nobody to be seen. A bit of star gazing brought an end to our lovely day.
Waking up next morning, the warmth of the sun was already noticeable. The sea still without a ripple, i noticed a mermaid in the sea...before breakfast...with only her hair to protect her modesty. Of course it was Dorothy doing laps of the boat before getting down to the serious business of preparing breakfast !!!
We have made our way back to Gocek as tonight Gordon and Olivia are flying into Dalaman for a weeks visit. Moored up at Skopia marina, provisions have been taken and we look forward to fresh crew, as Dorothy, rather reluctantly , stands down to 4th mate and G&T maker(1st class)
Comments
Vessel Name: Aurora Of Polruan
Vessel Make/Model: Moody 425
Hailing Port: Fowey
Crew: Alan and Dorothy-Anne Bulmer
About: Semi retired out to prove you we still have it in us before it's too late
Extra: We are not performance sailors...more your destination sailors. This is our first yacht and experiences therein :-). Aurora is a Moody 425 built in 1990. We are the second owners and we hope that Aurora will look after us as well as she has her previous owner Dennis
Aurora Of Polruan's Photos - Main
No Photos
Created 29 September 2017
No Photos
Created 28 September 2017
No Photos
Created 28 September 2017
Trip including time with Helen,Andrew,Sandra and Chloe
No Photos
Created 28 September 2017
These are a few photographs of our first week out here in Marmaris
8 Photos
Created 10 May 2016
A few pictures of the area
9 Photos
Created 5 May 2016
A few jobs undertaken over the winter following the purchase of Aurora.
15 Photos
Created 13 April 2016
Aurora Of Polruan
5 Photos
Created 13 April 2016
2 Photos
Created 12 April 2016