Aussie Rules has been sold and We are back in BC enjoying land life for now.

We enjoyed our time in Sint Maarten but decided against buying Ohana. We are boat free for the first time in a long time! Not sure for how long....

Life on Bryan And Sues farm

14 November 2015
We connected with Bryan and Sue, friends who live near Bundaberg. Dave and I met them while they were travelling in Canada. They came out on the boat in Kelowna and stayed in our house on their next visit. We were all (Mac and Wendy) welcome to come out and stay for a few days on the farm. We knew we'd be getting our hands dirty and we were all happy to get out and be on LAND. It was an extremely busy time from early until late! Farm life is not for the faint of heart. On top of caring for the hundreds of animals, Bryan does a table of fresh fruit and veg for sale at a weekend market. The funny thing is Bryan's nature is to tease everyone to the limit of their patience. It's hilarious to be around and pretty never ending. Wendy ended up with the nickname of "Blisters". Bryan explained that it was because blisters always show up when the work is done! We all thought that was pretty funny....and although Wendy was enjoying her time off the boat, relaxing - she is a whiz in the galley and will happily be the galley wench serving up endless drinks and good food and thinking nothing of the massive load of dishes she'll be left with.

Before we knew it we had been at the farm for 4 or 5 nights and it was time to drag ourselves back to the boats and plan for moving down to Mooloolaba, via the inside passage of Fraser Island.
Comments
Vessel Name: Aussie Rules
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 34 MK I I
Hailing Port: Gabriola Island
Crew: Dave and Rose Hayes
About: We have sold the boat and are back on Gabriola. What a treat to know where things are and have vehicles to buy what we need ! We also have wifi at the trailer, which we are staying in until we build.
Extra:
Now we are researching building details and courses to take which will lead to jobs (Dave) and permaculture and gardening and how best to allocate on our site at this time (me). We have a cistern and rooftop rainwater collection started today from the roof of the future shop and 10x10 shed beside [...]

we are back home on Gabriola and working toward house plans and all kinds of building details.

Who: Dave and Rose Hayes
Port: Gabriola Island