Aussie Rules has been sold and We are back in BC enjoying land life for now.

We enjoyed our time in Sint Maarten but decided against buying Ohana. We are boat free for the first time in a long time! Not sure for how long....

South to MOOLOOLABA, Marj and Monty

26 November 2015
We decided it was time to get back out to Inskip Point, as the weather showed the next day would be the last in awhile with weather good enough to do the jump south. We moved out to Pelican Bay, only an hour away from Tin Can. Dave and I decided to go explore the shoreline of Inskip Point and during our wander a nearly 5' long Goanna ran across my path and up a tree near the path. Of course I jumped and screamed, but I was sure happy to see it so close, once it was staying still on the tree!

We were up around 0445, and underway by 5, with a few boats already heading out the pass. There was a definite exodus happening. We had plenty of wind, with 10-12kn to start and a steady increase throughout the day. By the time we entered the Mooloolaba River we had over 20kn and we were all keen to find a berth. It had been a fast run, punctuated by boats who kept getting far too close to us, prompting many course changes!

Thankfully we arrived in great time and had a great welcoming committee of Dave's mom Marjorie and her trusty dog Monty.

We spent a week in this area, visiting with Marj, walking over some mornings along the beautiful shoreline walkway, which weaves through wild scrubby forest, along the downtown business area and past stunning beaches and again through parks and along the back of RV lots. With dozens of restaurants nearby, Wendy and I enjoyed some nights off and some delicious meals. Fresh seafood everywhere led to more memorable meals onboard and the crews of Imoogi and Whale and the bird came for visits. After many days of borrowing Marj's car, it was time to head south to stay with Kev and Noeline and the beautiful area of Raby Bay.
Comments
Vessel Name: Aussie Rules
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 34 MK I I
Hailing Port: Gabriola Island
Crew: Dave and Rose Hayes
About: We have sold the boat and are back on Gabriola. What a treat to know where things are and have vehicles to buy what we need ! We also have wifi at the trailer, which we are staying in until we build.
Extra:
Now we are researching building details and courses to take which will lead to jobs (Dave) and permaculture and gardening and how best to allocate on our site at this time (me). We have a cistern and rooftop rainwater collection started today from the roof of the future shop and 10x10 shed beside [...]

we are back home on Gabriola and working toward house plans and all kinds of building details.

Who: Dave and Rose Hayes
Port: Gabriola Island